Wind Correction by JTAC

Lt.Seahawk

I wondered if this will be implemented in the future by ED. I've talked to some real JTACs on an exercise last week about unguided bomb delivery and the 9-Line and they've told me that if they request a unguided bomb drop on a target they measure the wind speed and direction to give the pilot the chance to drop them wind corrected.

This would be very useful for us due to the fact that the wind speed and direction with the dynamic weather on is always unclear.

I mean if the tower can tell us from which direction the wind is coming I don't see a problem why the JTAC couldn't do this.

DCS F-14 Tomcat Alley Discord Server:

more importantly than winds, the attack direction. in Georgian hammer JTAC always gives suicidal attack directions, frequently leading up to a SAM WEZ. I'm sure once ED finishes NTTR and DCSW2.0 they'll polish these things, unless its already done (no intel).

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Given the fact that you can't get accurate weather information in DCS World, especially when using dynamic weather, we'll have to wait for 2.0 to hopefully give us the right information.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo