Su-25T Typical Combat Loads?

Nealius

...why is there no Su-25T subforum?

Anywho, I just started learning this bird and I would like to make some realistic combat loadouts but I haven't found anything other than clean or 2x tanks 2x rocket pods when I search Google for images....

What's a standard Russian combat load?

Very odd for it to be under Flaming Cliffs 3.
If you look at the original Flaming Cliffs 3 announcement, the Su-25T was originally considered a feature of FC3. It was later removed from the product description since the Su-25T is included for free with DCS World.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If we could have a real 25T, real loadouts would be restricted by the capacities of the attack computer, so:

.- combinations of as much as 2 different weapons. Note that different rocket subtypes (S-80FP2, S-80KOM...) count as "different weapons" since it has different balistics in each subtype.

.- No SEAD, Mercury or Omul ECM pods.

.- Vihkr loadouts: only vihkr and fuel tanks.

.- the most external hardpoints, not the A/A, are empty, unless in a very short range missions.

The T attack/nav suite shares the same basic design of the KA-50 attack/nav suite (25T was designed as a specialized anti-tank airplane), the TM was designed with an improved attack suite but only 3 were builded as a "rebuild prototypes".

About SEAD, a number of two seaters bielorussians (UBM I think) were tested as a SEAD, with the operator in the second seat to control the Phantasmagoria pod.

Best regards.

Edited by Tarres
  • Like 1

Having not started any campaign missions, should I expect to take on the SEAD role very often in DCS?

Only infrequently. That being said, at present the Su-25T is the only in-game SEAD aircraft that's flyable by the player. Yes, the A-10C is fully capable of efficiently eliminating ground targets of all sorts including SAMs and AA gun systems, but the Su-25T is the only flyable aircraft that can use dedicated ARMs at present.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Having not started any campaign missions, should I expect to take on the SEAD role very often in DCS?

During multiplayer games it is very often to have SEAD role in SU-25T but i really do no know for the campaing. As someone said. It is primaly anti tank platform. As far as i know only about 8 production aircrafts were built and i never heard about deployment (maybe it did i just do not know).

If we could have a real 25T, real loadouts would be restricted by the capacities of the attack computer, so:

.- combinations of as much as 2 different weapons. Note that different rocket subtypes (S-80FP2, S-80KOM...) count as "different weapons" since it has different balistics in each subtype.

.- No SEAD, Mercury or Omul ECM pods.

.- Vihkr loadouts: only vihkr and fuel tanks.

.- the most external hardpoints, not the A/A, are empty, unless in a very short range missions.

The T attack/nav suite shares the same basic design of the KA-50 attack/nav suite (25T was designed as a specialized anti-tank airplane), the TM was designed with an improved attack suite but only 3 were builded as a "rebuild prototypes".

About SEAD, a number of two seaters bielorussians (UBM I think) were tested as a SEAD, with the operator in the second seat to control the Phantasmagoria pod.

Best regards.

Thanks, this is a great and realistic guide for standard SU-25/T weapon loadouts. I always try to utilize such loadouts in my missions coupled with realistically set mission objectives. Bizzare weapon loads turning Su-25T in a brick are however demanded for Rambo style action packed missions -> Eliminiate enemy AAD, destroy convoy, bomb building and finish off anything alive with cannon :)

The T was created to be a specialized Anti-tank airplane with the same attack and navigation suite of the KA-50. SEAD and other pods were displayed in prototypes of the Sukhoi Factory in airshows (even one carried a MMW radar pod with AS-17, R-77, R-27, KH-35, all dummies of course....)

The TM´s were tested with an enhaced nav and attack suite more capable. I don´t known if it was tested in a SEAD/DEAD rol but I think that it was highly improbable.

SEAD missions were carried by specialized SU-24 and MiG-25.

Sorry for my english.

Bye!