CoreMods versus Bazar: What's the difference?

Diplocaulus

I'm really loving the repaints available for so many of the DCS World modules. The work is fantastic!

Question, and I apologize if this has been asked a zillion times before:

What's the difference between repaints that go into the CoreMods folder versus those that go into the Bazar folder?

I frequently find that the skins destined for CoreMods don't show up in the Mission Editor, regardless of whether I put them in CoreMods or Bazar. Whereas skins specified for Bazar tend to show properly, at least for me.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Edited by Diplocaulus

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz / 32GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1080 8GB / Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440 / Saitek X52 Pro Flight System / TrackIR 5

should be /CoreMods/Aircraft/<aircraft>/Liveries/<Aircraft Name>/<Livery Folder>

You CANT just dump a Livery into the /Aircraft/<aircraft>/Liveries/ Folder.

So for F-86F:

/CoreMods/Aircraft/F-86/Liveries/F-86F Sabre/<Livery Folder>/

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

should be /CoreMods/Aircraft/<aircraft>/Liveries/<Aircraft Name>/<Livery Folder>

You CANT just dump a Livery into the /Aircraft/<aircraft>/Liveries/ Folder.

So for F-86F:

/CoreMods/Aircraft/F-86/Liveries/F-86F Sabre/<Livery Folder>/

Thanks SkateZilla. That makes sense. And if the appropriate CoreMods folder doesn't exist, then I need to create it, e.g., \CoreMods\aircraft\MiG-15bis\Liveries\MiG-15bis. That should fix the missing skins.

Still curious as to why some skins need to be installed in CoreMods versus Bazar.

Edited by Diplocaulus

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz / 32GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1080 8GB / Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440 / Saitek X52 Pro Flight System / TrackIR 5