DCS:Hawk (EFM) Pre-sale Available Again

Ells228

We are pleased to announce that the DCS:Hawk (EFM) Pre-sale is available from our Website again.

You can buy the EFM version of the Hawk for $49.99

Important: Standard Flight Model (SFM) will be included in the download purchased whilst the External Flight Model (EFM) is developed during the Beta phase. You will receive an email notification when the EFM is available for installation.

You will be able to fly the Hawk in DCS World 1.2.15 and DCS World OpenBeta 1.2.16 immediately and DCS World 1.2.16 main release when it is available.

Product keys purchased from VEAO will need to be bound to your ED account to use the DCS World module manager download feature.

Get the Hawk here:

http://veaosimulations.co.uk/product/dcshawk-efm-beta/

Thanks,

Chris.

Are the cockpit textures in the beta version the final product or WIP?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Stuck with what exactly?

Well I purchased the SFM version with the knowledge that I could upgrade to EFM. Could I not pay for an upgrade now and download the EFM?

To be honest, SFM feels like it's on rails and not fun to fly. In my opinion.

If I had known a full blown beta for EFM was going to happen I wouldn't have bothered with SFM.

Chris/Pman,

I know you developers are reluctant to talk about dates around here, but what kind of time frame IS PLANNED for the EFM beta? :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The same conditions were available from the day the module was put on sale. You can upgrade when the EFM is released if you have the SFM version.

As PMan stated just before your post:

"Yes, there are plans to offer an efm upgrade from SFM, but that wont happen until closer to the EFM release"

It won't happen until CLOSER to the EFM release - how do you interpret that as meaning you'll be stuck with SFM only?

This allows people to pre-order the EFM module.

As it states on the product page people who do this get access to the SFM that is out now (the same one people who ordered on ED's site have now) then when the EFM is released to beta you will have immediate access

People who have brought from the ED store will have the option to upgrade but the timeline for that hasnt been put in stone yet as we dont know a release date for the EFM.

It is genuinely a case of its done when its done.

Raven: I would expect it some time over the summer would be my estimate, but as always everything is subject to change

Pman

Maybe 2 stupid noob questions....

What's the difference between the SFM and EFM?

and why i must pay for an upgrade when i bought the hawk on pre-sell?

Planes are constantly updated without paying more money for it...

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Chris/Pman,

I know you developers are reluctant to talk about dates around here, but what kind of time frame IS PLANNED for the EFM beta? :)

Not that old chestnut again!!

The only answer you will get is "Soon"

The problem is, no one can predict an exact release date because there may be snags encountered along the way that blow any predicted release date out of the water.

Just keep watching for announcements, and until then, get some worry beads or something.

Raven: I would expect it some time over the summer would be my estimate, but as always everything is subject to change

Pman

Thanks for the reply Pman. Continued best wishes for you, Chris and the team. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Maybe 2 stupid noob questions....

What's the difference between the SFM and EFM?

and why i must pay for an upgrade when i bought the hawk on pre-sell?

Planes are constantly updated without paying more money for it...

Simple flight model - like the FC3 modules

External Flight Model - a high fidelity flight model based on aerodynamic calculations - like the flight model available on the A-10C and other modules - it is also called the PFM on ED originated modules.

The difference in price reflects the extra work involved in making the advanced flight model. What you purchased was the SFM Hawk, and at the time there was an option to buy the more sophisticated upgrade - to be added when the team had finished developing it.

• Like 1

Not that old chestnut again!!

The only answer you will get is "Soon"

The problem is, no one can predict an exact release date because there may be snags encountered along the way that blow any predicted release date out of the water.

Just keep watching for announcements, and until then, get some worry beads or something.

Uhhhh Pman already addressed my question and as I expressed with my key word PLANNED. A fair question in my opinion.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

There is nothing wrong with asking a fair question, except it happens so often that when you read the forum posts a lot, it just starts to sound like a stuck gramophone.

Maybe I just got out of bed this morning when I should have buried my head and gone back to sleep. It's nothing personal I assure you, but take a look back over any pre-release thread, and well... You'll see what I mean.

Simple flight model - like the FC3 modules

External Flight Model - a high fidelity flight model based on aerodynamic calculations - like the flight model available on the A-10C and other modules - it is also called the PFM on ED originated modules.

The difference in price reflects the extra work involved in making the advanced flight model. What you purchased was the SFM Hawk, and at the time there was an option to buy the more sophisticated upgrade - to be added when the team had finished developing it.

Thank you very much. i've got it. euhm..yes i am no pilot, but flies for fun. I understand there are many people here with taking dcs for hobby but some guys are full pro and some things are double sorry about that. thanks :thumbup:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

To be perfectly clear, I got the Hawk about a month ago; whatever you guys had for download. Are you saying that once the EFM becomes downloadable (from wherever), that I will have to pay for the upgrade?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Yes Mac, you have to pay 10$ extra to get the full EFM, which by the way I think it will worth it.

With Hawk, I think VEAO learn a lot of lessons of how to NOT do some things. And more than that I think other 3rd parties had that "awareness" too. So let's encourage them further as their plans are great and their evolution is also another strenght point.

Also, let's appreciate their transparency !!!

PS: as for me, from the very begining I said that I will wait for EFM version to be published (even presales) on ED site just to not add myself another serial number burdenings :). When this will happen i will buy Hawk at full price directly.

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: i7-8700K@5GHz,ASUS Maximus X Hero, 32GB RAM 3000MHz, MSI Nvidia GTX 1080TI watercooled, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Intel/Samsung M.2 , VKB MCG Pro + Virpil Throttle + Leo Bodnar BU0836(A and X), MFG Crosswind, Logitech G13, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Stream Deck

The SFM version exceeded my expectations when it was released.

The ground handling isn't much but once you've tweaked the curves, it's a lot of fun in the air.

Playing around with it now will make us appreciate the EFM more when it's released.

I bought the EFM directly from VEAO and enjoyed the SFM flight model just flying circuits and landings as a break from flying a Cessna in FSX practicing for my PPL test in real world flying. The recent upgrade to DCS 1.2.15 rendered the Hawk inoperable, I find it worrying that DCS treated a third party add on in such a manner. Unfortunately despite repeated attempts I've been unable to get my HAWK reinstalled with the VEAO work around they produced so I'm now unable to fly the HAWK. I'm a bit pissed off at this but don't think it's entirely a the fault of VEAO but more a lack of collaboration between them and DCS over the latest DCS upgrade. I hope there's a fix produced soon that will get me up and running again. The EFM will be amazing based on the SFM experience I've had, I don't run DCS open Beta so cant use the latest workaround, anyone who could help me get up and running meantime Id appreciate their help. Cheers

Ian

Yes Mac, you have to pay 10$ extra to get the full EFM, which by the way I think it will worth it.

With Hawk, I think VEAO learn a lot of lessons of how to NOT do some things. And more than that I think other 3rd parties had that "awareness" too. So let's encourage them further as their plans are great and their evolution is also another strenght point.

Also, let's appreciate their transparency !!!

PS: as for me, from the very begining I said that I will wait for EFM version to be published (even presales) on ED site just to not add myself another serial number burdenings :). When this will happen i will buy Hawk at full price directly.

To be perfectly clear, I got the Hawk about a month ago; whatever you guys had for download. Are you saying that once the EFM becomes downloadable (from wherever), that I will have to pay for the upgrade?

When the Hawk was first brainstormed to come to market it was always intended to be 2 different products

1) SFM with ASM - Ie, Simple flight model but the full systems model, for those who wanted to simulate systems but werent worried about the flight model, this was always going to retail cheaper ($40) due to the missing EFM

2) EFM and ASM - Ie full systems and full flight model, this was always going to retail at $50

This was in line with research that we had conducted with the general populous, we realise that there is alot more potential in the open market then those who are already involved with DCS. Not too mention that hard core fans (such as those who visit the forums) will want to buy EFM anyway.

If you brought the $39.99 (less the discount) version from the ED store then yes you brought the SFM version, it was labelled in clear bright red writing.

If that is the version you have and you want to upgrade from the SFM product to the EFM product you will need to buy the upgrade from us when it is available.

If you brought the EFM pre-order directly with us then there will be no upgrade fee.

When the EFM is released ED will offer the EFM version on the E-Store. Until then if you want to pre-order the EFM then you need to go to our store to do that. If you have the SFM already then you will need to wait until we release the upgrade purchase.

In future we wont bother with an SFM release we will just do EFM, as with everything in life, experimentation is key. If it wasnt we wouldnt be making modules for DCS as we would never have tried it would we? ;)

Pman