PUS Arming in training mission

SOLVED!!!

Hi all,

I'm having some troubles with the Weapons Employment training mission.

I can not pass the "press the PUS Arming button" part.

I've found another thread about it but no answers or hints there.

Sorry for starting a new fresh one.

To verify my problem, in case its only caused for some pilots or everyone, can somebody try the Weapons Employment training mission and feedback if it's working for you or not?

My findings so far are these:

* can't pass the "press the PUS Arming button" part

* in the Mission Editor a criteria to go on with the mission after pressing the PUS Arming are that two lamps are lit on the Weapons arming panel, they don't

* ALL lamps on the Weapons arming panel are switched off (and many others in the cockpit that is supposed to be on, but some are indeed on) no mater what I do. Tested turning all circuit breakers off/on to no avail

* Pressing the "Lamps Check" (just below/to the right of the PUS Arming) does nothing (use to work in other missions)

* the lamps beneath the ГЕНЕРАТОРЫ 1, 2 (generator) switches to the far right in the cockpit are lit and red (Generator 1, 2 fail). Turned the generators off/on did not help

Has something been missed at chopper startup when the mission was created? I do not know how to get the aircraft to be started at mission start when creating my own missions, so this question might sound stupid for some.

DCS World version: 1.2.15.37241

Thanks in advance!

/H

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Yes it is.

Does not help how long I'm ever holding the button down.

As I mentioned, other things in the cockpit indicates something more sever to be wrong. The 'Generator 1, 2 fail' lamps for instance.

I wonder if the helicopter can be turned into the correct state by operating correct switches and knobs?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Checked this mission in 1.2.16 final. Everything works allright, but Your comments about lights and systems not working and generator fail lamps flashing suggest that... well, generators are not working :D.

Are You sure You've set throttle to max after hitting the "Fly" button at the beginning of the mission? With insufficient engine RPM generators will not produce any current obviously and half of the systems will not operate.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Well, well, what do you know. Art-J and Iceman11, thank you for the throttle suggestion. Indeed it was the throttle!:thumbup:

I have a throttle handle on my controller kit (PFT Lynx) and almost all helicopters operates the handle to the left (opposite a motorcycle), but not the Russian ones! They go to the right :smartass:

I have had knowledge about that for some time, but I did not think of it when I entered the cockpit. Actually can't remember ever thinking of that when entering the Mi-8.

No surprise it always felt a little powerless at start and landing, and made a strange whining noise and loss of aiming sight every time I significantly reduced collective (generator turning off!) ...:doh:

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Does anyone know if PUS arming actually works ?

I see no difference with rocket deployment regardless whether I push the PUS arming or not.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Rongor, is it in the Weapons Employment training mission?

Have you made sure the throttle is fully on? This caused my problems, not having the throttle on (you strangely enough can get in the air with it off)

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Try to run the training mission just to see if you left out some important step in the weapons preparation. Doesn't hurt.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

As I said, I simply leave out the PUS arming step entirely. You only have to successfully arm the UPK switch. Then put the UPK/RS switch to RS and leave it there, no matter if you want to fire rockets or UPK. Select something on the 800/622/624 switch.

Now you will fire rockets, unless you turn the pod selector to UPK (which enables firing of the selected 800/622/624).

The PUS serves no purpose right now apparently.