Why does it crash with blue screen?

It can't be true that i have to reinstall dcs a second time in a week just because i can't custom my keys

i click on options, customize my keys and click ok and then dcs crashes with a blue screen, then i have to restart dcs and all my custom keys are again on default, i do it again and the same happens again and again...

and those guys from the support told me i have to reboot something, shortly: i don't know what they want that i need to do, so does anyone else can help me? i just can't play dcs like this! and DCS don't has anything to repair

My specs are:

Prozessor

Intel Core i7-4558U Processor( 2,80GHz 1600MHz 4MB)

Windows 8.1 Update 64

Bildschirm

27" All In One with Multi-touch function 2560 x 1440

Grafik

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850A 2GB

Speicher

8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L 1600 MHz

Festplatte

1TB + 8GB 5400 rpm

Integrierter Wi-Fi-/WLAN-Adapter

Lenovo BGN Wireless

Bluetooth

Bluetooth-Version 4.0

And please ED, you should definitly have a better german translator, because per example in combined arms, the translations are just as wrong as possible ( some of them).

Crashing to a blue screen is unusual.

I'd first update all the hardware drivers such as the graphics card, BIOS, and make sure windows auto updater is running.

Then, if you still have issues, try deleting the inputs folder in C:/User/**name**/saved games/DCS/Config. It'll be recreated as soon as you restart DCS World.

Then as you add the new key mapping, do it in steps, and see if one of the keys in particular you add causes the issue.

I suspect that as it is crashing straight to a blue screen, it is an issue with Windows, and hopefully updating your drivers should solve the problem.

Its a windows problem. You should attempt a repair of the OS or restore from a backup if you have done the appropriate steps to have them. Scan for viruses and malware in safe mode would be a good idea. Remove unneeded software from the control panel.

If all that fails, format and reinstall. Its not a DCS problem.

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

nope, sorry, it still gets into blue screen, and all of my drivers should have the newest version

If you can attach all the Blue Screen Mini Dump files and I can open and analyze and tell you what driver is causing the halt state and reason if one is given.

(usually in C:\Windows\MiniDumps\ )

However, if you are experiencing several halt states a day, its likely a hardware issue or driver issue with a specific device.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Its a windows problem. You should attempt a repair of the OS or restore from a backup if you have done the appropriate steps to have them. Scan for viruses and malware in safe mode would be a good idea. Remove unneeded software from the control panel.

If all that fails, format and reinstall. Its not a DCS problem.

Dale

No, it's not a "Windows" problem... its a problem specific to the user's set up, otherwise everybody else would be getting it - and just like the Phantom Agents (60's tv series), a full disc scrub/ Op. Sys. reinstall is a last resort

A BSOD is a hardware glitch

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

The blue screen is damn hard to diagnose, but usually comes down to a hardware problem. Is this a relatively new system? Check for:

- cpu overheating

- cpu clocked too high

- incompatible memory sims

- incorrect memory timing

- incorrect BIO setting

- unstable motherboard chipset (not so common anymore)

It cannot be caused to a windows application.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys might want to try this out -

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

I found out, through this little utility, that my CH Products connected to USB 3 ports on my motherboard were locking up. I moved them to USB 2 ports and things went away.

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR