Multiseat a/c module policy

Just curios, did ED already announced their policy for multiseat modules? Will they stick with RL analogy: one module (purchase) = one aircraft, or will they require module purchase for each player? Or will it depend on seat, eg. required module purchase for co-pilot/WSO/RIO, free for door gunners?

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Nothing has been said on the subject.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Personally, both should need to pay, but also no distinction should be there what you are paying for. You pay for the module, and then you can operate any position in the aircraft. That's the way which makes sense to me.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

If you own the module, you own the module. If you own the module, you're free to get in it and use it how you like. I would be very surprised if they did it any other way, and nor should they. With the Su-25T and TF-51D, we've gotten more than our share of freebies in DCS.

Not many people want to get in a JTAC slot either, but you don't get it for free just because that's the case.

Flying backseat in an F-14 is going to be a totally new experience in DCS and anyone that appreciates some good systems modelling is going to enjoy the hell out of it I'm sure. There's more than enough to justify it being a paid-for privilege.

If you own the module, you're free to get in it and use it how you like.

But that can also mean, that you can invite friends to take a ride along (the same as you can with your car). In that sense it won't be freebie from ED, but from module owner. It can work either way and one can find logical arguments to support either version.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

One of the problems with providing multiseat for free is that it would require the free rider to have all of the detailed cockpit files pre-installed, which are not small.

As I have said in a different thread. I am all for allowing free access to passenger and door gunner slots (imagine if an infantry player could not board your Huey because they didn't own it), but I think getting free access to WSO/RIO/copilot slots would be quite a steal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But that can also mean, that you can invite friends to take a ride along (the same as you can with your car). In that sense it won't be freebie from ED, but from module owner. It can work either way and one can find logical arguments to support either version.
Take the F-14. You're essentially getting 2 complex simulations in 1 - pilot and RIO. I can't see Leatherneck putting all that work into the RIO just to give it away for free. In fact, it would mean "pilots" would probably have to pay more for the module to cover the cost of the free RIO position.

You could argue that the gunner position in the Huey should be free because there isn't a lot of complexity there but then where do you draw the line. In fact, I can think of another sim where you have to own the whole module just to play the gunner.

The car example does not really fit. You can not invite a friend for a ride if he lives 500 miles away from you.

The problem is, the friend needs the module in any case. And therefore he needs a license of some sort. And if a dev wants to offer a "backseat licence" with reduced functionality, it is just an additional hassle to manage and to keep track of. Alsi imagine all the fuzz if someone then wants to upgrade such a reduced licence to a full licence ... as if we have not enough problems with the DRM already (if you follow the forum threads :o).

Personally, both should need to pay, but also no distinction should be there what you are paying for. You pay for the module, and then you can operate any position in the aircraft. That's the way which makes sense to me.

This! Nuff said!!

Take the F-14. You're essentially getting 2 complex simulations in 1 - pilot and RIO. I can't see Leatherneck putting all that work into the RIO just to give it away for free. In fact, it would mean "pilots" would probably have to pay more for the module to cover the cost of the free RIO position.

You could argue that the gunner position in the Huey should be free because there isn't a lot of complexity there but then where do you draw the line. In fact, I can think of another sim where you have to own the whole module just to play the gunner.

...and this!

Please, ignore these cheapskates! Flying as a RIO will be just as challenging as flying as the pilot, if you really just want to play as a RIO you can buy the module with the option to play the module to the fullest...... No one should get a discount just becouse they want to cruise with their fighter plane without having a fight, just because thats how they want to play their game.. smh

And if your cheapskate friend won't buy in to play as YOUR RIO, buy him the damn module, don't be such a cheapskate lmao its not good for your heart and soul....

Edited by NineLine
Removed quote of removed post
  • Like 1

I would rather have the others in my a/c pay for the access. The free planes invite fly-by-nights into the free servers and it is often these folks who abuse the cooperative nature of this sim.

WC

• Like 1

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

There isnt any information released about this yet, and likely wont be until its closer to release.

However, I would assume anyone wanting to use any cockpit seat, would have to own a license for the module.

One license allows user to use all parts of the module (as it already does in Single Player).

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team
There isnt any information released about this yet, and likely wont be until its closer to release.

However, I would assume anyone wanting to use any cockpit seat, would have to own a license for the module.

One license allows user to use all parts of the module (as it already does in Single Player).

+1 to all that, if we are wishing, I do hope that a spectate option might be had at some point, maybe being able to ride along, but unable to interact with anything in the cockpit.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

... as if we have not enough problems with the DRM already (if you follow the forum threads :o).

ahem, indeed :(

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Personally, I think if you play in the back seat, you should play for free. No-one would pay to be someone else's support person.

i don't approve that, if you can play as RIO/WSO you do are a part of a team and you have a job to do which is same important as the pilot job itself.

I think at the end it's depend on the individual modul if it make sense to pay or not to pay.

IMO it should be as simple as you have to own the module. Anything else would be overly complicated.

^^^ This.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Including cockpit art assets as integrated part of base install would drive up the download sizes as well as complicate protection issuss.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Because having people whining in MP servers "CAN SUM 1 FLY 14 SO I CAN HAS BACKSEAT?" is a good thing...

(That was sarcasm.)

ALA Battlefield, lol

Edit: removed video due to language, apologies.

Edited by SkateZilla

+1 to all that, if we are wishing, I do hope that a spectate option might be had at some point, maybe being able to ride along, but unable to interact with anything in the cockpit.

That would be actually pretty cool, I would like to invite friends to rides with the Oculus but buying two licenses just for that is a bit of an overkill.

I also agree that this should be on a per module basis, Huey's door gunners or passengers doesn't really have much gameplay to it other than looking and shooting, so that could be free; on the other hand the co-pilot or the RIO positions does have complex systems modeled and it should be only available for module owners.