An Eye for an Eye v0.9- Single player/2 player for F-15C

Awesome dude. Nice to see you rise to the challenge and make improvements along the way. I am gonna go throw the whole thing in single player first, then I am gonna get a mate with me as well and check how it balances as multi.

One thing I have discovered: When the Su-27 make their appearance, they are using a skin of the Russian Knights- which is an aerobatics outfit. I think this flamboyant scheme would not be used for frontline patrollers. I don't know if this was intentional- If not- consider adding standard camo.

http://cdn1.airplane-pictures.net/images/uploaded-images/2012/9/2/234543.jpg

Looks like you might have a talent for this mate. Good luck!

Edited by zionid

Ah, I forgot about that one! Like the Ferris scheme on the F-15s, that mission had some holdovers from a point where I was lining things up to see the different liveries and I forgot to change it back to standard AF. I'll be sure to fix those next time I'm in front of the ME, as well as include a ZIP file with route maps so people can have it handy.

With regard to the balance, it was definitely designed with 2P co-op in mind, but I always make sure I can finish them in single player. Sometimes it still takes me a couple tries though, even when I know exactly what's going to happen haha

Edited by feefifofum

Couple little things

Hey all,

While I was digging back through everything again, I noticed a couple of minor issues, and have recently had a couple pointed out to me.

I've corrected the last funky liveries (I think) on all aircraft. I've also corrected a few typos in the briefing for mission 5, as well as some mismatched text/dialogue.

The only major fix was a duplicate BORT# in mission five that I discovered was breaking player comms after a time. I think I have fixed this by changing the player BORT #s, but I didn't have time to test it. If it's still an issue let me know and I'll dig a little deeper.

Big bunch of new people downloading in the last couple days!

Thanks for playing!

I'd love to hear from some people about their experiences, especially any problems you may have had.

Most notably with the SEAD flight in mission 6. I just did a couple playthroughs personally where the SEAD flight bugged out when they shouldn't have, and I'm curious what the spectrum of experiences is like with them. I think I have come up with a fairly transparent workaround, but I don't want to implement it if the majority of people are not having an issue.

Found my next objective !

I will make sure to revisit with feedback and silly beginner questions.

If anyone is up for a coop let me know. I am still learning but I got all the basics and more often I turn labels off. To my surprise it is actually better to use/rely on your instruments and it helped me a lot with understanding the different radar modes and search angles.

Just need to find a excuse to get the wife off my back :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Tello, I'll happily fly them with you if you need a wingman, though you've got the lead in the interest of fairness. :D

Shoot me a PM with times you're around and how to get in touch. I have a really weird work schedule so I'm sure we can find something that works some day!

Though, be cautioned! I have been told it is very strange to play these with me because you don't know if the Springfield VO is coming from me or the game. :megalol:

Edited by feefifofum
  • Like 1

Maps Added

Hey all,

As requested, I have added a separate .ZIP file including route images and a little bit of additional text, which I will update as the campaign wraps up.

I know they're not the prettiest things in the world to look at, but they're functional and will let you have your route handy on a physical kneeboard/tablet/phone/whatever in multiplayer when the "mission planner" button is not accessible.

I'll see if I can get something a little more presentable together for the final version of the campaign, but in the meantime I'll update the .ZIP whenever I add a new mission.

Thanks for playing!

Edited by feefifofum

I played the first 3 missions yesterday with a friend and enjoyed these missions quite a bit. It was my first time flying missions so I don't have much experience with how the game works, but are these supposed to count towards your Missions Completed in the Log Book on the main menu? None of them were logged as completed post flight.

Thanks!

ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Intel i7-4790K (4.0GHz) | EVGA GTX 980TI Hydro (6GB) | G.Skill Trident X DDR3 2133 (16GB) | Windows 10 HP 64bit.

Thrustmasters Hotas Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Saitek Pro Flight Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hey Vegas,

I honestly have no idea! :lol:

I would guess, probably, that since I have not bundled these missions as a campaign file yet, they aren't being added to your logbook, but rather treated as if you're flying something in multiplayer.

This may also be because all aircraft are "client" aircraft. When I wrap up the last of the missions, get the scoring properly sorted (you can see some bungling with this earlier on if you look in the ME haha) etc. I'll be sure to go in and set the single player plane to "Player" as I think this is required.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself with these! Let me know if you have any issues moving forward. I honestly haven't looked at my logbook much since setting my callsign so I wasn't aware of this problem. ;)

EDIT:

And now that I read your post again, I realize you were playing in MP! :doh:

I could be mistaken, but I think those statistics are only with regard to the single player campaigns. I should really read things twice before I respond. But I think I do still need to do all the single player stuff I talked about so thanks for making me think about it!

I am still very much a n00b to the mission editor (and the sim in general) so bear with me while I learn as we go haha

Edited by feefifofum

In case you have not picked it up- esteemed VR pilot Ralfi is posting a playthrough of your campaign. Gives it a good rating too.

You might want to consider linking this in the first post, as his video features very informative and funny commenting as well a excellent flying.

I had no idea! I was wondering where the big bump in downloads came from!

That is super cool and flattering, this is the first time I've ever tried anything like this and I'm glad it seems to be so well received so far!

The comments are amazing as well haha. I'm glad everyone is taking the silly Overlord VO with a grain of salt.

Looks like I'm really going to have to step my game up here! Hopefully he doesn't find all the bugs I've yet to squash :lol:

If anyone has the means to get in touch with Ralfidude, let him know to redownload! This is still very much in development and it looks like he was playing an older version before I figured out how to make the 21 behave a little better haha

...and on that note, a fairly significant update to several of the missions, and minor updates to everything past mission 1.

In the spirit of continuing to add minor conveniences to make everyone's lives easier, I've programmed more complete route information into the pilot's virtual kneeboard (hold K, use the [ and ] keys to turn pages) so the route shown should be a little more helpful! Mission 1 already had this information on the map, so it has not been updated. Also, I couldn't bear to erase that download count. :music_whistling:

I think I have programmed in a condition that should make mission 6 much easier to complete, and less dependent on AI doing exactly what I intended.

I also corrected an issue in mission 7 where GAF MiGs would pursue Abkhazian forces across the border after they bugged out. On the playthough I just did with one of my friends, this led to an unsettling series of radio messages from the entire flight dying as they flew into a SAM site. :lol:

The GAF really has it rough in this campaign.

Edited by feefifofum

Thanks, Baltic!

I had no idea what I was getting myself into here hahah! Being used to the complexity of the other modules, the F-15 should be a piece of cake for you to learn...and this campaign was designed for just that purpose! A little practice with the RADAR systems and I expect you'll be tearing up the skies in no time.

Hey Trevyzero!

As this is still a work in progress, I have not formatted the missions to be playable in campaign mode as of yet.

They are, however, very much playable, and the missions that are currently posted have been pretty thoroughly tested in both single player and multiplayer. ;)

The easiest way to install these, is to download the .MIZ files directly into c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Missions

Open DCS World, and click the "Mission" button.

In the top left corner, click "My Missions"

You should see the missions in the menu. Simply click on the mission you wish to play to highlight it, then click the "Open" button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. If this didn't work for some reason, you can just manually navigate to the files from this menu as well. The "My Missions" button is just a quick link to the directory I mentioned before.

At this point, an overview of the mission will pop up with a summary of the weather, as well as the political and/or military situation. Click "Fly" in the bottom right hand corner and the mission will load.

Once the mission loads, choose the appropriate role (SINGLE PLAYER if you're by yourself; this will spawn an AI wingman for you) and click START.

You'll pop into the cockpit of your F-15, and the full briefing will appear. Scroll down to the TASK: portion for the military assignments for that mission. In later missions, the YOUR TASK: portion will detail your flight's specific...well, task.

Have fun and thanks for playing!

..and I pray you never see me in the skies, as it will shatter any illusions you may have about my competence! :lol:

Edited by feefifofum

Greetings all, just wanted to pop in with a quick update.

I've been very busy with real work for the past couple of weeks, unfortunately, and haven't had much time to work on the campaign.

In light of the video series ralfidude is filming, I have decided to focus efforts on debugging phase 2 when time permits. Unfortunately I didn't get to mission 6 quickly enough, as you'll likely see tomorrow if you're watching his videos :P

I should hopefully have a couple of hours tomorrow to crack down on seven and eight and get them tightened up a bit, as I understand seven has been giving some people issues, and I've thought of some changes I'd like to make to eight. Evidently, I still haven't learned my lesson about posting things early. :lol:

Mission 9 is out of the concept phase, and I had begun tuning triggers and writing dialogue before discovering that things were not quite working as intended. I'm not going to put a timeline on it, but I hope to release shortly 9 after updating the remainder of the missions currently online.

EDIT: In fact, I think I'm going to pull seven and eight off of the front page for a couple of days until I get things in order. I will update with progress as I make it.

Apologies to anyone for whom the missions are unplayable in their current state; I will do my best to get things up to the standard of missions 1-5 ASAP, and test future missions even more thoroughly prior to posting them.

Edited by feefifofum

Hey all,

Major update to mission 7, which has now been reposted.

It is now possible to rendezvous with and save the Georgian CAP. You will encounter them en route to your NAV 2. If you choose, you can fly formation with them to the engagement, or press ahead with your wingman. If you do not rendezvous with them, they will engage on their own after a short time.

Abkhazian airspace is still extremely hostile. I'd strongly advise against flying more than 10 miles or so over the border unless you think dodging SAMs is really fun. ;)

You can find images of the known threat zones in the attached briefing maps .ZIP folder, or you can use the F10 map to view known threats.

Edited by feefifofum

Minor fixes

Hey all,

Finally had a chance to run through 6 & 7 in co-op this evening. I was able to successfully complete both missions with a friend, but I did have one instance where the Su-25Ts bugged out prematurely again. Granted, both my friend and I had been shot down already and we cheated and respawned because I wanted to see what would happen, which could have triggered them to bug out, but on our second successful playthrough I noticed one of the 25s was still flying somewhere stupid and having to dodge a SAM.

Even though the mission was still successful in spite of this, I went ahead and implemented the same fix I used on the other problematic SAM site, just in case.

I've also made a minor update to mission seven, where I discovered it was possible to get a redundant, though different "mission complete" message if damaged Abkhazian aircraft that had retreated were unable to safely land. Still plugging away at 8 & 9, but I hope to finish by the end of next week.

Hello, I tried A fox in the henhouse but I'm not getting what to do.

I flew in the direction the command has given me (which is another then my nav point. I activated the radar and found the square. I saw that this was the right machine and came close to 1NM but nothing happened.

I shot the target and was called back to HQ with a failure. I did nothing and the plane got away - failure.

What did I wrong?

Hi John Doe!

As the briefing states, you'll need to close within 200m, or about 600 ft, in order to command the IL-76 to land.

The screenshot in the mission briefing screen should give you a good visual frame of reference of how close you'll need to be.

You will not be given permission to fire unless the IL-76 ignores your commands.

Thanks for playing and good luck!

Edited by feefifofum

Thanks. I have tried again and have the problem to engage the plane. I flew to WP2 and imidiatly after getting the order activated my radar and found the plane. I gave full throttle and followed the signal but I couldn't get close enought to him. I think I did something wrong with the climbing ...

Hey, as I reread your post, I'm not 100% sure you're finding the right plane. There are a fair amount of civilian aircraft in the skies.

When you're sitting on the ramp, before taxiing, cycle NAV mode until you see NAV 1 in the lower right corner of your HUD. It should be around a mile from your starting position. Taxi to the left to the runway (I believe it's runway 07) and take off. Shortly after takeoff, you should tag NAV 1, and your HUD will automatically switch to NAV 2 which will be at heading 276 relative to NAV 1 as Overlord says. If you don't touch NAV 1 when you take off for some reason, simply press ctrl ~ to cycle to NAV 2 manually.

When you reach NAV 2, you will turn to towards NAV 3 at heading 189 and begin your RADAR search. You will see contacts somewhere around 30 or 40 miles from your position directly on your nose. Look for the RADAR contact that looks like a dash instead of a circle; this is the jet carrying Baramia.

The best way to plan your intercept is to actually fly off to one side a bit when you are about 10-15 miles out from him, then turn back in smoothly behind him rather than flying past him head on and trying to catch up.

You'll also have an easier time adjusting your airspeed and turning at lower altitudes; try closing in on him at 15-20,000 feet and climbing up once you get closer. He'll be flying at about 230 knots IAS, so your F-15 should have no trouble catching up to him in time as long as you don't blow past him and put 10 miles between you then try to catch up. Be sure to slow down a little sooner than you normally would; your airbrake will create very little drag at higher altitudes.

You can also try jettisoning your external fuel tank to gain a little extra speed. Alt+W will jettison wing tanks on the first press, centerline tank on the second press, and weaponry once tanks have been dropped.

If you're still having trouble, let me know, and I'll post a track file for you to watch. Good luck!

Edited by feefifofum

Hey feefifofum,

I played the forth mission in coop now and had a great time. Very nice ChitChat between the planes. I really like your voice acting.

In the beginning of the mission my frames were really bad. I gues I should better buy a $2384529342389-PC.:smilewink:

Also I had a problem in mutiplayer, but don't know if it was my PC or the mission.

When I started the mission, selected the F-15 and Clicked fly, my game crashed. This happend to me every time.

If i started the mission, unpaused the game, then selected the F-15, it worked for me.

In single-player mode I did not have any issues.

And a questions:

I have labels deactivated in DCS, when I play your mission in single-player, I don't have them. But when I play the mission in MP, I always have to deactivate them after the mission starts by pressing Shift-F10.

I also heard the "Shoot" Message as soon, as my target was in range. I think it's not there in the real F-15 and I also did not have it in SP-Mode.

Is there a way to deactivate those labels and the messages right from the beginning in the ME?

And Again, Thank's a lot for your mission (Much better, than the stock F-15 Campaign until now):music_whistling:.