An Eye for an Eye v0.9- Single player/2 player for F-15C

I've played the first mission (Single Player) a few times and never manged to get the IL-76 to divert. I flew close formation (well within 0.2 miles), shot one of its engines with guns, shot him with a heatseaker - he just continues to fly straight until I kill him. Is the diversion even possible?

Also wingman takes about 5 minutes to wake up and take off, but that may be ED's bug.

Edited by Katmandu

I've played the first mission (Single Player) a few times and never manged to get the IL-76 to divert. I flew close formation (well within 0.2 miles), shot one of its engines with guns, shot him with a heatseaker - he just continues to fly straight until I kill him. Is the diversion even possible?

Also wingman takes about 5 minutes to wake up and take off, but that may be ED's bug.

I am facing same issue. I thing the mission is planned like this but developer can give us better answer. Yes wingman was sleeping and it wakeup about 5 minutes.

P.S I am enjoying this campaign. Good job :thumbup:

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Just flew the original "Justice" mission in 2.5 and, surprisingly enough, diversion DID work! IL76 did not respond to my formation flying, but when I shot out its right-near engine (while still flying under 0.2 miles off) it changed course and I followed it to Batumi where it landed and was greeted with some police cars - COOL :)

You can get the original mission here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Byz6KtaffExWZGNyZ2otUDRqT2M

I'll repeat Eye For an Eye "Justice" mission and see if this exact behaviour will do anything different.

Played through missions 2 and 3 and they work perfect in 2.5, but mission 4 has serious fps problems - it jumps 80-30-80-20-70-30 every second when following C130 flying towards Tbilisi. (i5, 1080ti, 16gb, ssd here)

Mission 3 was sweet - formation flying with a talkative Mig21 and then a surprise :)

Yeahhh...there's a couple hundred ground units actually having a war at the border that could really just be a series of dialogue triggers (it's not like anyone is actually flying over there.)

It's one of those things I put in way back in the day because it looked super cool if you F7 your way over there but it does come at a high fps cost...and honestly these days they're probably just bumping into each other since so much on the map has changed. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I am still playing through the campaign - thanks again for releasing it feefifofum! I have finished misison 10 yesterday and have a few comments.

1). The campaign seems to be workign perfectly with 2.5 (VR), no issues at all so far (apart from serious issues with fps in misison 4, but this is also a problem in 1.5 and single screen, this mission is nigh on unplayable.)

2). The difficulty in most missions is absolutely spot on. All missions up to Mission 6 and missions 9 & 10(mostly). it is not plane sailing, but managing your wingmen, calling support flights and having an odd bat-outta-hell low alt escape works great.

3).Maybe Mission10 needs a look, at least for single player (for coop it may well be fine)

as I've run out of missiles and wingmen after the second encounter with the Russians. A horde of angry Mig29s at 35K with pincer of Mig23s. M2000s did come to help, but all in all my flight was decimated by the end of this encounter and I had 1 aim120 left, despite being very stingy with my shots. No problem if this was the end of the mission, but this was only waypoint 4.

The last encounter where you scare away a flight of Mig29s from Sochi took place with me rearming in Kabuletti, I did not dare fly against them as I was completely empty. I think, the player should be asked to land, rearm and then asked to take off and press those Migs. You would still only read their rights to them and scare them off, but you'd feel good doing it with a full set of missiles under your belly.

And maybe reduce the number of Migs on waypoint4 too, as this encounter leaves nothing for waypoint 5. (remeber that there was waypoint 3 with Su27s as well)

Also it would be better if AWACS gave fuel tanker coords in BRAA and not bullseye - unlike A-10C, FC3 version of F15 is not well equipped for messing with bullseyes. I had to pause and work it out on a piece of paper, taking VR headset off and all.:book:

Still, a fantastic mission that really comes alive with the support flghts that you call via F10, an actually useful Tanker and plentiful voice overs. One of my favourite missions, together with Eye of the Storm and Snake in Grass.

4). The first mission (remake of the famous FC2 "Justice" mission) would be memorable too if the passenger plane redirected when pressed, like it did - and does - in the "Justice" mission. Here I had to shoot it down every single time as it would not respond to anything.

5). Could not get through missions 7 and 8, despite multiple attempts. Too many enemies in both cases and, in case of mis8, no idea where to fly. The directions are confusing and I always end up against a swarm of Su27 that consume all my missiles for no apparent gain.

Look forward to Missions 11 and 12!:pilotfly: many thanks again!:thumbup:

Edited by Katmandu

The trick in mission 8 is to go full burner for Vaziani as soon as they warn you hostiles are coming. Once you are near Vaziani turn into the bandits and send a big pile of missiles at the first group. It probably won't produce a lot of kills, but this -should- give allied flights time to take off and inside of 5 minutes you should have 8xF-15 and 4xF-16 in the air helping you out. Once you have expended your missiles rearming and refueling at Tbilisi is high encouraged (this will also be mentioned in the VOs once the first few bandits are dead.)

M7 is one of the harder ones, but again run full burn and try to coordinate your attack with the friendly MiG-21s. Working together will both increase their effectiveness and give the bad guys something to shoot at besides you.

M10 is definitely an endurance test, but rearming is always an option and back when I tested, the F/A-18 flight would pretty much clean up the whole last tasking themselves if you called them in. Your best option is to go for the MiG-29s at WP3 and let the Mirages handle the Floggers.

The trick in mission 8 is to go full burner for Vaziani as soon as they warn you hostiles are coming. Once you are near Vaziani turn into the bandits and send a big pile of missiles at the first group. It probably won't produce a lot of kills, but this -should- give allied flights time to take off and inside of 5 minutes you should have 8xF-15 and 4xF-16 in the air helping you out. Once you have expended your missiles rearming and refueling at Tbilisi is high encouraged (this will also be mentioned in the VOs once the first few bandits are dead.)

Thanks, will try it again. from what I remember, you are initially asked to fly from Batumi towards Sochi, and asked to divert only once you're in the middle of the Balck Sea... Thus, Vaziani is a long-long way away. Maybe I strayed into the wrong corridor as there are no waypoints and flight paths with it being an in-flight diversion.

M7 is one of the harder ones, but again run full burn and try to coordinate your attack with the friendly MiG-21s. Working together will both increase their effectiveness and give the bad guys something to shoot at besides you.

From waht I rememebr it was a an abosulte slaughter hause with something like a dozen+ Russian gen4 fighters making quick work of the Gerorgian Mig21s and 3 (?) F-15s. But will try it again too :)

M10 is definitely an endurance test, but rearming is always an option and back when I tested, the F/A-18 flight would pretty much clean up the whole last tasking themselves if you called them in. Your best option is to go for the MiG-29s at WP3 and let the Mirages handle the Floggers.

Yep, that is how it all played out for me as well. The F/A-18 flight has done all the work as I had nothing left at the last checkpoint.
Edited by Katmandu

Re: M8 you are initially told to ferry from Kobuleti to Vaziani..en route, you are first redirected towards Zugdidi at the Georgia/Abkhazia border, then a couple minutes later you are redirected a second time because a huge wave of fighter and attack aircraft are inbound for Vaz. If you found yourself all the way out near Sochi that would definitely explain the difficulty. :thumbup:

Do let me know if the allied flights scramble from Vaziani in a timely fashion...they may take longer than desired to taxi since the parking space #s have all been reassigned in 2.5.

Re: M7 Initially there should be 4 MiG-29s and 4 Su-25Ts, if memory serves, with your 2 F-15s and 3 Georgian MiG-21s. If you push in with the Fishbeds it used to be pretty manageable.

Shortly after, a second group of 4 MiG-29s and 4 Frogfoots will scramble followed by one or two more flights of friendly MiG-21s. It's definitely tough but again should be okay if you work with the friendlies. Do try to avoid pushing into the big groups solo or you'll get shot up pretty quick.

Edited by feefifofum

• 2 weeks later...

Completed the campaign, many thanks again feefifofum! Really enjoyed it and it works perfect in 2.5 (outside of the "Justice" mission 1, still not sure if inability to divert the plane is a broken trigger or mission design). Completed missions 7 and 8 too, thanks for the tips.

I've flown pretty much the whole campaign in VR, and it works good in that respect too - apart from missions 4 and the last two (way too many ground units, fps in VR becomes unplayable, on single monitor it's OK).

I am legitimately surprised most everything still works :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the campaign. Re: mission 1, in this version the plane will never divert. You will always be ordered to shoot the aircraft down after he fails to respond.

You must close within 200m and remain there in order to initiate the radio messages.

• 4 months later...

Thank you so much for this campaign!

I flew the first two missions and that's some great work already. I don't own the F-15, but I just switch it out with an F-18 in the mission editor before starting. Good on you for including the loadout in the briefing, makes it easy to guess how many fuel tanks and missiles I'll need for a mission.

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried this campaign. WOW, what a difference a realistic well thought out mission makes. Very impressive.

Not being computer literate, I downloaded all the files on page one of this thread. I only have mission 9-11 or 12, how/where can I get the earlier ones ?

Hi HoYa,

Part 1 should contain missions 1-4, part 2 should contain missions 5-8, part 3 should contain missions 9-12.

Be sure to grab the "v198 for DCS 1.5" versions. People tell me everything is still working in 2.5.

A little shameless self promotion here, but if you like An Eye for an Eye, you should check out The Georgian War, a collaborative effort by myself and Baltic Dragon. I made the Eye for an Eye campaign about 3 months after I started playing DCS and have come a long way with respect to the mission editor since then...also we had more than one voice actor so the VOs aren't quite so silly :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...