Resupply airfield warehouse with trigger/script

Eight Ball

Hi,

Is it possible to resupply an airfield warehouse with a trigger/script ?

I did a quick search and I haven't come across any recent news about this, all I can find is +1year old thread saying it's on the whishlist.

This is my issue :

In the mission I'm working on, the player has to evacuate a sinking ship under kamikaze attack and then use the troops to launch an assault on a nearby city.

I'd like to limit the weapon choice at mission start, so the player cant kill all the kamikaze boats and focus on evacuating, the more troops the more ammo.

Any idea how to achieve that if a "warehouse resupply script" isn't available ?

Still on the wishlist.

The best you can do is to spawn an aircraft in the air with whatever weapon you want delivered and then have that AI land at the base and offload its resources for players to use.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah, I saw your suggestion about landing an aircraft but it woudln't work in my case, I'd need to land dozen of hueys...in Batumi. And most of the action is over the bay nearby so it wouldn't look good =/

Any chance there's way to switch airfields side after mission start ?

Start as neutral and become blufor some way along the mission ?

Just have Opfor overrun the Airfield... Any armed vehicle should do the trick...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You can setup a pretty complicate trick, that I thoughts before the decision to build up my own logistic system when the time will come.

1: setup a warehouse object, anywhere (call this S).

2: make a far airport to be the supplier of your warehouse object (call this A)

3: make the warehouse object be the supplier of your airport (call this B).

4: those dozen of hueys should land in A.

A will supply S, that itself will supply B. This way you're not going to have any undesidered air movement in your area.

Beware of supply speed and operation percentage, those may be extremely important to have supplies available on B.

Can't provide a more comprehensive explanation, cause as said I left the inbuild warehouse system ages ago.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Thanks for the answers guys

Just have Opfor overrun the Airfield... Any armed vehicle should do the trick...

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be practical in my case.

You can setup a pretty complicate trick, that I thoughts before the decision to build up my own logistic system when the time will come.

1: setup a warehouse object, anywhere (call this S).

2: make a far airport to be the supplier of your warehouse object (call this A)

3: make the warehouse object be the supplier of your airport (call this B).

4: those dozen of hueys should land in A.

A will supply S, that itself will supply B. This way you're not going to have any undesidered air movement in your area.

Beware of supply speed and operation percentage, those may be extremely important to have supplies available on B.

Can't provide a more comprehensive explanation, cause as said I left the inbuild warehouse system ages ago.

Yeah this idea came up and I thought "Eureka!" but no, unfortunately...That would be too easy and easy isn't DCS, right ?

The problem is if at mission start your airport is "empty" (no weapons, no equipment) the game will consider this as normal and nothing will be supplied to that airport.

"It's a civilian airport, why would it need miniguns and rockets ?" says the game...

The last solution I can think of is to have 2 groups of huey, one unarmed available from mission start and another armed one available later.

I tried that yesterday night and never been able to get into the armed helos. The message saying they were unlocked showed up, so I guess the trigger works but then nothing...sigh

Edited by Eight Ball

What about, give the airfield the weapons you intend to eventually re-supply, give the player what you intend them to have, then add some AI aircraft with appropriate loadouts to soak up all the remaining weapons at mission start .. have the aircraft fly off to another airbase (or just remove them), and use the method above to re-arm the base.

Cheers.

You could also ignore the DCS warehouse system entirely. When a player tries to cheat by loading ammo that is not supposed to exist (yet), simply kick them out of their plane back to spectator mode by deactivating their aircraft group. If you are nice, you can give them a warning message first and only despawn once they actually take off.

What about, give the airfield the weapons you intend to eventually re-supply, give the player what you intend them to have, then add some AI aircraft with appropriate loadouts to soak up all the remaining weapons at mission start .. have the aircraft fly off to another airbase (or just remove them), and use the method above to re-arm the base.

Great idea but it will not work in this case, this is a Co-op 8 mission and there's only 10 parking slots in Batumi :no_sad:

Ian;2351496']You could also ignore the DCS warehouse system entirely. When a player tries to cheat by loading ammo that is not supposed to exist (yet)' date=' simply kick them out of their plane back to spectator mode by deactivating their aircraft group. If you are nice, you can give them a warning message first and only despawn once they actually take off.[/quote']

I didn't know it was possible, thanks !

It's not exactly what I wanted but I guess it's my last option and it should do the trick :)

• 4 years later...
Nope, this is to handle "assets", basically units to represent supplying aircraft and ground vehicles to/from storage into combat zone airports or "warehouses" in staging areas. It can only handle units not ammunition, fuel or equipment.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Nope, this is to handle "assets", basically units to represent supplying aircraft and ground vehicles to/from storage into combat zone airports or "warehouses" in staging areas. It can only handle units not ammunition, fuel or equipment.

I wrote a prototype using the Moose Warehouse to do this so yes it is possible. Once the right airplane templates are setup I let the Moose Warehouse handle moving AI airframes between airbases and supplying them.

It is not what the Moose Warehouse was intended to do but it will work for the most part.