$1000 keyboard

cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

why.... just why. who needs a keyboard like that? im speechless...:noexpression:

EDIT: after a little research I found this is an actual category of keyboards. it just boggles my mind to think that there are actually 1000 dollar keyboards.

Edited by SilentGun

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

They make a nice one from wood and if it was half of the $500 price tag, I would get it. :) Assuming the switches are Cherry blues (which I think they are).

http://www.amazon.com/Datamancer-The-Diviner-Keyboard/dp/B00MJ3LYOC/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1426300503&sr=1-3

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

truly beautiful stuff.... google 'steam punk'... it's insane what some folks are doing with this art form...

like this 'lap top' computer... http://www.datamancer.net/steampunklaptop/steampunklaptop.htm

and I would just love a pair of these... mounted on the 'helios' monitor... http://www.instructables.com/id/Steampunk-Laptop/step4/Speaker/

Edited by Picksplitter

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

Uh, “Victorian steampunk design”? It looks like “Back in the USSR” to me.

66fa06693abb3e1ae1e04bc6871508e2.jpg

Well done!... is that rigged to work in today's world, or a pic of an old typewriter?

But there are struggling actresses in California that can't even afford botox injections... The excesses of the top %1 geeks just make me mad as hell.....

;)

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

So you're telling me keyboards that expensive are still using those POS cherries? Bleh.

Gimme a buckling spring key for that price and we can start talking.

Those old IBMs were nice but until someone makes one that doesn't look like it belongs in the 1960's, I'm satisfied with Cherry based keyboards. I have about eight keyboards with various Cherry switches at the moment.

Edited by cichlidfan

Cherry switches, can you explain abit? Dont understand about keyboard qualities, thankyou

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Those old IBMs were nice but until someone makes one that doesn't look like it belongs in the 1960's, I'm satisfied with Cherry based keyboards. I have about eight keyboard with various Cherry switches at the moment.

Form over function? Your kind will rule the world forever it seems.

---------------

Edit.

Cherry

cherry_mx_blue_switch_mechanical_keyboard.gif

Buckling Spring

keyboard_buckling_spring.gif

The first image shows trivial hipster garbage, while the second image shows a refined product for the discerning keyboard warrior.

Edited by P*Funk

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Looks nice. I'm thinking about getting it, anybody knows if this cable is compatible?

Nice comments. :lol:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I love amazon customer reviews:

Terrible....just terrible. I spilled a pot of Maxwell House coffee all over the keys. Now they are tarnished. I tried scrubbing off the film with Tarnex....to my utter dissatisfaction, the gold rubbed off. Underneath, was a layer of solid silver...SILVER!!!!!! That is the metal of an impoverished, underling peasant worker. I quickly filled out the RMA, hopped into my 2015 Bentley XL, and scurried down to the local post office to return this dastardly contraption. I was so depressed, I headed over to the neighborhood winery, pounded down several bottles of $50,000.00 port, and wrote this flabbergasted review, using my gold plated IPad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals