AI ground attack - AI cheating ... AGAIN. MiG-21 problem or DCSW problem?

Flagrum

I wanted an AI MiG-21 attack a convoi of trucks with S-5 rockets. When I do that as player, I have to set the quantity of rockets that are fired - either 4, 8 or 16 per pod. And if you watch real MiG-21 footage, they also always ripple fire a bunch of rockets.

But the AI defaults to fire a single pair per attack. :o( WP tasks only allow me to select the weapon (rockets), but not the quantity. The only way to make the AI fire more than a single pair is to use task "Ground Attack / Bombing" - but with that I can not target a single unit or group but only a point on the ground.

Therefore my questions:

a) can you, LNS, change the AI behaviour to fire more than just 2 rockets each time?

b) if not, is there an other way to replicate the RL behaviour than using "Bombing"?

I think that it might be something how UB-32 pods from LN are modeled. After I put them on the Su-25 when I press and hold the trigger the pod fires only a pair of rockets. Contrary to the stock pods which fire rockets as long as you hold the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...
I think that it might be something how UB-32 pods from LN are modeled. After I put them on the Su-25 when I press and hold the trigger the pod fires only a pair of rockets. Contrary to the stock pods which fire rockets as long as you hold the trigger.

I agree. I tested it now the other way around: equipped the MiG with the pods of the Su-25. Result: MiG then ripple fires those just fine.

I posted this in the bug forum now (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2360036#post2360036).