NVG and TFR?

Stratos

Wondering If any of the Tomcat variants feature Night Vision Googles and Terrain Following Radar, I will asume the D variant has them, but one cannot be sure without official data.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Don't know what Leatherneck's plans are, but by the mid-90s they could all use NVGs in different fashion. VF-11 tested them in-house in the early 90s in their Ds (the linked report noted one, but on their next cruise they had six).

Basically, the panels, TID, and HUD had lens filters put over top to filter excess light. The F-14D's were compatible from the start (excluding the aforementioned HUD/TID combo). When the TID was replaced, the same style of panel was used from the other compatible MFDs to replace. This was included in the RIO's seat in the F-14B upgrade.

• 3 years later...

There is an old thread out there where Cobra stated the F-14 would come with ANVIS-9's. I'll see if I can find it.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD