Wonderful aircraft! Pleasure to fly!

Diplocaulus

Bravo to Chris and the VEAO team, the Hawk is a real credit to you. She is a pleasure to fly and as such have me back spending time in the DCS world again after a long break.

It is aircraft modeled in meticulous detail like the Hawk which will allow so many in their own home to experience the love of flying. I gather the EFM will be even better.

beniboy

I just got my first SU27 gun kill (wound)!!! I got a lucky shot and he bugged out, but what a feeling! Energy management is everything.

Good job to all the guys at VEAO, such a great little aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Newbie here, been learning (read: mostly hitting the runway like a dart) the A10C for a while, but when I saw this one I couldn't resist, a few of my "ancestors" flew with the RAF from the 30s to 50s so I grew up on their stories and had seen quite a few Red Arrows demos as a child in the 80s. As you can imagine when I saw this I was stoked and it flies and feels like a dream despite my terrible stick which would be more suitable as a "marital aid" than delicate tasks such as flight sims. I have a few questions.

I purchased the basic flight model through DCS addon management, when the final product is released will I be able to upgrade it to the advanced flight model for a fee through the same process or go through VEAO with a POP?

Will there be RAF livery available on the finished product?

I'm not sure if it's a bug on my machine, there is no voice on the training mission. I presume that's just because we're in beta? (oh and if you are recording a voice for this, the instructor has to be British)

Are there any plans for other iconic RAF machines such as the Harrier, Hurricane or Spitfire? The Harrier with a Falklands campaign would be cool.

Anyway congratulations on an amazing beta jet, I can't wait for the finished product. Well done!

Laobi

My Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqH078Ef0HENo01LF3xwIvA

Twitter: @CrashLaobi

All of my opinions are my own and are just opinions, as a result they as useless as the opinions of others!

My Specs: PC, Chair, Desk, Screen

Many thanks for your comments.

To answer your questions; there are already a considerable amount of RAF skins in the pack.

We're not planning on making any more in VEAO but Wine's skins will be continued to be included if he makes more. Plus other community skins if they meet our standards.

Training missions voice will be British (of course) and they are being recorded at the moment.

Upgrade will only be available from the VEAO website. When the EFM is released, the ED store and Steam store will replace the SFM with these and SFM will be discontinued from sale.

I guess you haven't see our development roadmap then (check VEAO forums sections) I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as to other iconic British aircraft we're doing.

Many thanks,

Chris.

I have A10C, Ka-50, P51D, UH-1h, Fw190 D9 products and

Mi-8MTV2 and F-86F Sabre which are Beta´s and now the Hawk.

My views...

Never used a SFM model in DCS before and before purchase I was a bit apprehensive about the simulation aspect - of course not a Hawk pilot - but after a few hours I’m now happy, to me all seems fine at least in the basics. Realising that this is early Beta initial impressions regarding landing touchdown and rollout / ground handling are that is is very simplified but probably to be expected with SFM..

The graphics of the cockpit panels and controls appear to be lower in resolution by comparison to the other models I own with everything seeming rather flat and not giving such an a good impression of reality. How much difference this makes to immersion I suppose is limited but none the less I was rather disappointed. Hopefully this is WIP though...

I must state that I admire VEAO´s openness and engagement on the forums, it is really commendable, thank you.

Kind Regards

Chris

Thanks for your comments Chris.

We are currently researching software to make the textures stand out more so yes WIP.

As you said SFM does have its limitations in the aspects you mentioned.

Glad you like her overall though :)

Chris

Thanks for your generous Easter discount.

I have finally (thanks to wives paypal haha) and belatedly added my support to your team.

If you guys are having a get-together please pm me and let me know, I have a couple of bottles of Balvenie Doublewood with your name on it, and they will be winging your way as soon as you give me an address! :)

I'm sorry it took so long for me to support this product, be assured I will be purchasing all of your products (eventually) !

Thank you for your efforts and your wonderful customer relations (give PMan a medal).

Regards,

Gary

Edited by garengarch

Vega 2700x /16Gb ram/480Gb SSD/1Tb Seagate/nVidia 2080/Win 10 64 bit Rift. T-flight pedals.

Chris

Thanks for your generous Easter discount.

I have finally (thanks to wives paypal haha) and belatedly added my support to your team.

If you guys are having a get-together please pm me and let me know, I have a couple of bottles of Balvenie Doublewood with your name on it, and they will be winging your way as soon as you give me an address! :)

I'm sorry it took so long for me to support this product, be assured I will be purchasing all of your products (eventually) !

Thank you for your efforts and your wonderful customer relations (give PMan a medal).

Regards,

Gary Ross

Glenfiddich, Balvenie and Kininvie Distilleries

Dufftown.

Stuff the medal, I'll take the Balvenie ;) Chris is a lightweight anyway haha

A good chunk of the VEAO family will be at Flying Legends at Duxford in July, with a smaller number (but both Chris and I + random others) at the May show and September shows at Duxford

Pman

Why U dont do french aircraft? Are yo sure Dassault will let you do rafale?

Saab 37 Viggen?

Edited by dartuil

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Why U dont do french aircraft? Are yo sure Dassault will let you do rafale?

Saab 37 Viggen?

Also because we have access to aircraft, technical manuals, engineers and pilots for the ones we are doing. All pre-requesits for making a VEAO module.

Haha lightweight indeed!!

Any gifts most gratefully received, especially Nandos vouchers huh Pete ;)

Give Pman a medal...kick up the butt more like!!!

Thanks for your comments Chris.

We are currently researching software to make the textures stand out more so yes WIP.

Glad you like her overall though :)

Yes I do..

But in honest feedback, on further examination I find the cockpit graphics fall well short of the standards seen in my other models including the beta´s - in fact at the risk of creating a maelstrom of response I would say that they appear amateurish by comparison... but then this is a beta and I bought it to support its development... long may it continue...

Kind Regards

Chris

So I caved in and bought the SFM version on steam. Well to put it simply I really cant wait for the EFM version. Feels like I'm playing Need for Speed right now :D

Textures need to be reworked.

But I'm sure you guys are already aware of this and are working on it.

Otherwise good job. Hope my contribution on the SFM version contributes to the development of the EFM version (which is REALLY needed)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: