KUDOS to Ed - Great Update 1.2.16 - finally wingtips don't break ...

Oh, c'mon SiTh, does DCS even model cumulative damage from G load yet? I doubt, but if it does, why these wing antics don't happen in 51 and 190, even though You online flyers push these planes quite a bit it seems.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

GOTO End:

Yes!!!

Just came from a great MP at the ACG Server and I couldn't experience a single wing breaking during many High G maneuvers, turning at various bank angles, climbing and turning... Perfect!

End: Thx Yo-Yo !!! Anyway, apparently there are still situations under which the wings ( now not only the tips ? ) break apart when they, supposedly, shouldn't... Let's hope for further refinement :-)

Me, too, I am not breaking wings. I fly in MP, mostly, in full realism.

I fly pretty aggressively, fast, and the 109 seems to compress in dives over 600 kph. I stay below that compression speed when flying unless I get bounced.

On landing to drop speed and altitude quickly I use full aileron left or right and the opposite full rudder while keeping the wings level. I drop altitude and speed dramatically without breaking the plane. Also, works great on a bogey to force him to overshoot.

I do use some linear curvature on all 3 axis, in axis tune, though.

I did crash on landing once by using full flaps and turned too hard on approach and stalled and spun into the ground but surprisingly I survived the crash. Definitely broke the plane!

109 for me is easier to land than the P51, usually.

I usually can use the same plane a few times by rtb and refueling and rearming. I prefer to fly with about 60% fuel on takeoff. I am not very good at dogfighting, though.

(My father-in-law built P-39's to Bell Aircraft in Buffalo, NY during WWII to beat the draft. All those P-39's went to Russia. He was part of the wing fabrication toolmaking department. They deliberately stress tested a wing to failure by placing many, many sandbags on the wing. He said it was unbelievable the amount of weight the wing took before it failed.)

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

was doin dive with ~550km/h and got 8.5g before wing tip with external fuel tank (lost fuel tank as well-dont know is it ok) first time got blackout symptoms. Then in next session made agressive maneuvers in ~500-550km/h left and right 6 - 6.5g and reached 7.5g before lost the wing (not just the tip :P). Was doing one turn before on 6,5-6,7g and was allright before maneuvering... Whats your saturation guys?...I'm using 90%... :pilotfly:

Madhatter sig2.png

|Ka-50|A-10C2|FC3|F-16C Viper|F-14A/B Tomcat|F/A-18 Hornet|Mig-21bis|Bf-109K-4|Spitfire.IX|FW190 D-9|Normandy|Channel|Nevada|Gulf|Syria|Supercarrier|AH-64D Apache|F-15E Mudhen|

• ED Team
Can we get a definitive statement from the Devs on the DCS Kurfurst ultimate design load used in the FM.

7g and 10.5 g but there are some issues with multiple fatique cases we are fixing now. So the worst case now is if the plane is near stall and near 7 g limit.

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

7g and 10.5 g but there are some issues with multiple fatique cases we are fixing now. So the worst case now is if the plane is near stall and near 7 g limit.

As i though that someting is still not right with load and ultimate G limit.

Good that we will see fixes here.

I got still wing broken in turns. Not wing tips but whole wing or half wing broken.

Today i got 3 or 4 wing broken in turns.

BTW for me 109 is flying like it has serious COG problems ( aft COG). It behave little like "cradle". Something like IRL P-51 with aft tank full.

I experienced the same speed in a mild to moderate turning dive at speed in excess of 500-600km/h. Not sure about COG problem, not sure what it looks like or feels like yet to be able to point it out.

As i though that someting is still not right with load and ultimate G limit.

Good that we will see fixes here.

And there is something, obviously, but still as Jcomm and Sithspawn said at thread start, it all depends on how you behave with the controls. I don't break anything also and really I can't understand what you guys do to break so much things all the time.

Whatever, even still waiting for an even more refined final version I'm with Jcomm first state, 109 flies quite good now...

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

And there is something, obviously, but still as Jcomm and Sithspawn said at thread start, it all depends on how you behave with the controls. I don't break anything also and really I can't understand what you guys do to break so much things all the time.

Whatever, even still waiting for an even more refined final version I'm with Jcomm first state, 109 flies quite good now...

S!

It has bee proved by tracks and videos that the wing brakes too easy on the 109.ALso sometime you can pull up to 10G without blacking out even a little bit.

Yo-Yo also thinks something is wrong.

But like you posted in the PM(private messege) you sent me:

12-07-2014 04:27 PMAla13_ManOWar you're idiot.

Maybe you know better :thumbup:.

What?? Did I send you any PM? :shocking: My bad if I did, may be I confused Otto user, I know another one in person. Sorry mate.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice