WIP! Panel-models for everyone!

Lars

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lars. Are you still working on the panels, especially on the stl format?

Yes I am.

I would say the panels on the left side should be "ready" this week.

Hopefully people will keep give me feedback so I can make the panels close to the real thing as possible.

-Lars

• 1 month later...
Lars what happened?

Thanks for asking Deadman

ATM. I'm building a 6DOF motion simulator for my cockpit, so the panels are put on a short hold.

The left console is "ready". The panel size should be close to perfect, but I'm not sure about the text font and the position of the holes are 100% accurate.

But they are as good as they can be with the information I got to work with.

But there is so many good projects going on ATM. that I really don't see the need for my drawings.

When you are releasing your project, there is no need for the drawings I am creating, since yours are close to or 100% accurate.

-Lars

• 1 month later...

Its been a long time since my last post.

I am close to finish my 6DOF simulator platform, and I have also been working on the left and right console.

The panels have been totaly redone with the correct panel dimensions matching the dzus standard

If I am productive the left and right console will be finished around next week.

I even think deadman will be impressed by these panels.

All panels will be released in stp. and dwg. or any other format requested.

Kind regard.

Lars

Hi Lars.

Great work you are doing. Thank you.

The dxf format would be my request. I don't have a 3D modeling package yet - just regular CAD.

Any chance you can save these in a zip format?

Thanks

John

Hi Lars.

Great work you are doing. Thank you.

The dxf format would be my request. I don't have a 3D modeling package yet - just regular CAD.

Any chance you can save these in a zip format?

Thanks

John

It should not be a problem.

Lars would you happen to have just an outline layout of your files? I'm looking for templates for the layout and hole sizes for plate that the switches would screw into and the same for the face plates.

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|

Its been a long time since my last post.

I am close to finish my 6DOF simulator platform, and I have also been working on the left and right console.

The panels have been totaly redone with the correct panel dimensions matching the dzus standard

If I am productive the left and right console will be finished around next week.

I even think deadman will be impressed by these panels.

All panels will be released in stp. and dwg. or any other format requested.

Kind regard.

Lars

So pics of 6 DOF platform?.

I said I was going to release the plans at the end of last week but I was sent to Poland for work and are working 12 hours shifts. I only have some hours in the Hotelroom after work, working on these panels before going to bed...

But the Left side console is very soon ready guys.

After I release the drawings I will continue updating and improve the panels from your feedback.

So please give me some so I can continue improve the panels.

-Lars

417950332_LEFTCONSOLE.thumb.jpg.e4a39e47e8801786fa9200dccb1ee6a3.jpg

Could I ask a dumb question, I run Mach 3 - what would I need to with your files to router one? Export it to some programme to set the tool path then lad it in Mach 3?

It's been so,long sin pec I toutered anything I cantvevern remember the name of the program I made tool paths from.,

Could I ask a dumb question, I run Mach 3 - what would I need to with your files to router one? Export it to some programme to set the tool path then lad it in Mach 3?

It's been so,long sin pec I toutered anything I cantvevern remember the name of the program I made tool paths from.,

Thanks for asking. There are many CAM programs you can use. It should be very easy to import a stp. and then export to G-code to use with Mach 3

Think I will use the program ArtCAM to create my G-Code or HSM express for inventor.

-Lars

Edited by Lars
  • Like 1

Hi Lars,

I noticed that your antenna selection panel says 2 x "IFF ANT".

There seems to be a lot of variation to this panel but if you are working from Keith's pictures it should say "SAT ANT" and "HIGH", "LOW" (probably a gain setting).

Great work by the way. Those panels look great!

Cheers,

Stefan

Hi Lars,

I noticed that your antenna selection panel says 2 x "IFF ANT".

There seems to be a lot of variation to this panel but if you are working from Keith's pictures it should say "SAT ANT" and "HIGH", "LOW" (probably a gain setting).

Great work by the way. Those panels look great!

Cheers,

Stefan

Thank you so much for the heads up.

Lars I am a bit curious as to why your putting a post AN/ARC 210 up grade Antenna selection panel in your panel selection? When the A-10C in DCS clearly is an A-10C with out the Radio / Antenna upgrades?

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.