dcs is bad for the wallet.

agentdarnell

Can you smell it? I could bet it's a smell of sale, and it's behind a corner. Yeah, I wish for one cause I have 30$ to spend and I'd like to get a module or two :)

As looking on sales frequency I could estimate there will be one in this month or next (hope so :D ) so if your wallet hurts, maybe you could grab some popcorn and wait for it.

Edited by Adix94

Yep, I even buy all mine on the day of release, or when they are on pre-sale. Damn the sales, let me at 'em!!!

To me, it is just an investment in the future of this excellent world, the more we spend, the more the developers will want to develop. It's a vicious circle, and I am sure they'll break us all in the end, but hey, it's worth it!

I discovered Dcs last month and starting to realise that that discovery will cost a fortune. It started with my girls and pedals and a few modules. Now I want most of the modules that are out as well as what is planned for future release.

True, but still, the modules are the cheapest thing to get. I don't even want to know how much I spent on new monitors, touchscreens, HOTAS, Pedals, Obutto Homepit, Buttkicker, TrackIr..... :D

DON`T EVER TELL OUR LADIES :music_whistling:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I worked it out, and the whole lot, monitors (x3) super fast PC, Warthog, Rudder pedals (new MFG Crosswinds coming soon I hope), MFCDs, Track IR, plus all the software, and I think it must all have cost over £500 at least!

Yes dear, I'll be down to make a cup of tea soon.

:music_whistling: :music_whistling: :music_whistling:

For those of you who don't have wives - Shhhhhh!!!

:smilewink: :smilewink: :smilewink:

Wait for sales and that's the time to buy for older modules. I started flying dcs for 5 months back.....i have all the modules and wait for hitting dcs worldd 2.0 :pilotfly::thumbup:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

One at a time, you won't fly them all at once anyway...

Also, to put things into perspective, when I think about the price of a module I just ask myself, how much do you pay for a restaurant meal?

Of course this particular example may not work for everyone :)

• ED Team

Bad for the wallet, but good for the soul, can you put a price on passion or enjoyment like this? :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Consider the cost vs entertainment hours factor. It makes a movie at the cinema look very expensive. Even if you figure in the equipment!

I recently posted a comparison and DCS A-10C Warthog alone was good for some hundreds of hours of fun and entertainment. Compared to a 2 hour movie at $7.50 per hour the DCS Modules at 50cent per hour beats nearly everything... :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Given the price and quality of other games and their pricing models, I think DCS is great. You get the whole engine for free. When you buy a module, you only pay for content and you get a ton of content. Other games have a horrible leveling system that you need to pay to get around, or sell you limited use items for ridiculous prices.

DCS is one of the few free to play models that actually makes sense and doesn't seem like a money grab. Due to that I've spent far more on DCS than any other game.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

And you get two basic planes for free... TF-51D, unarmed Mustang, and the FC3 level SU-25T WITHOUT limitations.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Consider the cost vs entertainment hours factor. It makes a movie at the cinema look very expensive.

THIS! i always use that as comparison, hehe.

Other games have a horrible leveling system

THIS as well, i always say in a sim you level your own skills, in an RPG the skill of your avatars :D

and for the play-time, i always thought it funny, that i have more hours fun only learning to master a new beast then most other games have total play-time ;)

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

DCS is not bad for wallet; I can't say module prices are high, if you follow discounts that great opportunity for some.

DCS is very bad for wallet; I need upgrade my system. One upon a time, when I bought my system, it was the best around here, and now?...

DCS is great for soul; As friends said, recently (maybe longer) I don't play any game/sim. No any game is installed on my PC. I used to play Call of Duty etc. games... I no longer remember the games like them to day.

DCS is bad for relationship; Sometimes my wife complains about my "passion" and "addiction" (especially working on cockpit mods) and I think she does envy...

DCS is bad for family-budget; See line #2. My wife already knows what my system needs, and she gets used to my outgoings (such as PC, new monitor, HOTAS, MFDs, new keyboard, may be a new HOTAS again etc...). Though, my daughter's needs comes first of course.

DCS is great for me; Overall, I love DCS whatever it costs. :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Come on.....who deserves it more than you???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

True, but still, the modules are the cheapest thing to get. I don't even want to know how much I spent on new monitors, touchscreens, HOTAS, Pedals, Obutto Homepit, Buttkicker, TrackIr..... :D

Truer words were never spoken! I started with the a10c @ $40.00.... $6500.00 later (which is minimal to some pits) and I'm still dreaming bigger, faster, shinier... :cry:

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy