Documentation for a Newbie?

Hello All,

I am trying to set up my CH Controllers using the TF-51 as a learning platform. I don't seem to be having much luck. Is there any written instructions on how the various pieces of the game work?

Many Thanks,

Steve

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

Have you read the DCS User Manual? It's in the Doc folder.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Doc

What exactly is the problem? You should just be able to start flying and input controls there if your DCS is up to date. I find this the easiest way to get sensible controls. DCS will usually also automatically detect sticks and set them to stick controls (at least with my X52).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Doc

What exactly is the problem? You should just be able to start flying and input controls there if your DCS is up to date. I find this the easiest way to get sensible controls. DCS will usually also automatically detect sticks and set them to stick controls (at least with my X52).

Thanks but I am working with a brand new download. My problem lies with how to properly assign the buttons on my joystick and throttle. "Options" tab then Controls" tab. Nothing I have figured out so far works when I go into the sim.

So, I Would like to read for myself how to run the sim without having to go in a forum to learn what I need to know.

I cannot find a documents folder referred to earlier.

Thanks!

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

Hi,

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Doc\DCS World Input Controller Walk Through EN.pdf

For the beginning

Options \ Controls \ Sim P51 D

Set/Control Axis ( Pitch, Roll, Rudder, Throttle )

Look to default keyboard-commad / Joy_Btn settings for your joystick

Test own settings direct in DCS

e.g. for testing

Center View (num5) = Joy_Btn ?

Zoom in slow (num*) = Joy_Btn ?

Zoom out slow (num/) = Joy_Btn ?

Landing Gear Extending (RCtrl - RShift - G) = Joy_Btn ?

Perhaps later with with CH-Software ?

e.g.

Joy_Btn ? = num5 Center View

Joy_Btn ? = num* Zoom in slow

Joy_BTN ? = num/ Zoom out slow

Manual

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\TF-51D\Doc