Thank you for CA

bart86pl

I would like to just post a big Thank You! to the DCS devs for making CA module and keeping it up to date, and adding new features/details. Sure, DCS is as of now mostly airframe simulator (best one in my opinion), but I can see great potential in CA - with the new terrain update ground combat will be really interesting and immersive. I hope you guys will keep adding stuff to the CA as well as to your other great modules.

I have also taken a renewed liking to the CA module lately and have been really enjoyed some great battles and ground force related operations. I am also very happy that this is being continually updated and I hope the module develops in the future to encompass more abilities and units.

I have also taken a renewed liking to the CA module lately and have been really enjoyed some great battles and ground force related operations. I am also very happy that this is being continually updated and I hope the module develops in the future to encompass more abilities and units.
Welcome to the forums, fellow Ottawan.:)

CA is lots of fun. Most missions on the Hollo Pointe server include CA slots, and can make a huge difference in the outcome.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

CA brings a whole 'nother level to COOP. Lately I've been doing some sessions with friends. I was Ground Commander in command of an abrams platoon and a bradley platoon, aswell as some arty while providing Terminal Attack Control from one of the Abrams, throwing flares, smokes, etc.

Being able to include the human aspect of FACing in such an awesome a/c sim is awesome.

a-10 air support isn't the same ol' game when you focus on the ground battle and then throw in a pig or tusk as after thought. I am really digging CA now and really really cant wait to see EDGE and possible future updates... mods... perhaps third party modules for CA?

I also enjoy knowing other Canads are around ;)

CA is lots of fun. Most missions on the Hollo Pointe server include CA slots, and can make a huge difference in the outcome.

WC

I didn't know that. Thanks. I'll give their server a try.

I've not found many that support CA slots and I got a bit bored with just solo play. This might renew my interest. :thumbup:

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

It depends upon the mission. For instance, Witches Hollo is up now and that has Blue JTAC. I was in there yesterday and (finally, it's easy) stumbled on the M1-A1 target lock capability. Man, that was fun, standing off at 4,000 meters (feet?) and locking up enemy armor and buildings, and getting hits on first shots with both HE and AP.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• 6 months later...
With the recent additions like the realistic sights in tanks and your crew confirming kills I have to say - we might be on the right track for a really good tank simulator here. I already have more fun with that than in ArmA. What a great module ED.

I personally don't think it's comparable with arma yet , but it's obviously still being improved so yes eventually this will be great i'm sure of it.