[UH-1H] Rescue Under The Bullets - Co8

wAdM20Y.jpg

Insurgents have overrun the Batumi harbor.

They've ambushed the USS Rentz as it was manoeuvering to enter the harbor.

Kamikaze boats are heading towards the ship, it is sinking and need evacuation.

There are 2 versions, one with just Mi-8s and UH-1Hs and another one with Mi-8s, UH-1Hs and AH-6s

AH-6J Mod by Nibbylot: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...opter-efm-demo

DOWNLOAD

load/unload survivors

Use the F10 radio menu -> CTLD -> Troop Transport

UH-1H can carry 8 survivors

Mi-8 can carry 10 survivors

AH-6 can carry 3 survivors

Base Defenses:

Drop the survivors on the ramp at Batumi airport (near the green smoke)

1st group of survivors unlocks the bunkers

3rd group of survivors unlocks the humvees

6th group of survivors unlocks the Bradleys

10th group of survivors unlocks the Abrams

You'll need those assets to defend the airfield from an upcoming assault and lead a counter-attack to liberate batumi (must own Combined Arms to lead the counter attack)

The mission can be played in single player, it's just a bit harder

Pics from the mission:

PaBMHjg.png

cqWybBY.png

sA0lcgf.png

yApqhJb.png

Edited by Eight Ball

really nice mission

it will be nice if u add a Non Start Holo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

I played around with this a bit and it seemed pretty fun.

You might want to look into making your triggers a bit more robust. For example, it seems like sometimes the "explosion" action doesn't necessarily kill the speedboat that triggered it. This means that sometimes there are speedboats just idling next to the destroyer, chilling while they wait for the next bomb-boat to arrive. This is easy to fix, just have the explosion trigger also delete the boat that set it off.

As another example, it seems like Rentz isn't meant to survive since the second half of the mission only starts after it dies, but the mission assumes that the AI will set off enough explosion triggers to kill it. Further, since each wave of kamikazes is spawned by the previous wave reaching the explosion trigger, if one of the boats misses its date with destiny (e.g. the AI gets confused, or is destroyed by something else like a suicidal huey) then the later waves don't appear and Rentz survives. Great for the sailors, less great for the mission logic. One solution to this might be to have the Rentz explode of its own accord on a timed trigger, which doesn't seem unreasonable with the number of fires onboard. Also, spawning the later kamikaze waves might work better if their trigger criteria includes a timer as well as an [OR] to the current trigger criteria.

Looking forward to more Huey action!

Edited by ScAvenger001

Thanks guys !

Assafm25, what do you mean by "Non Start Holo" ?

You're totally right ScAvenger001, this was my 2nd attempt at mission building and since then I've dug a little deeper into the fascinating world of community scripts.

I'll probably remake this one using more adapted scripts which should prevent those "weak" triggers.

Thanks for taking the time to look into it !

Just a note from a fellow builder that there are some known synchronization issues with moving boats ... Clients may or may not see them

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 3 months later...

Great mission. Flying co-op and 2 of us can get 4 loads off the DD each.

Then we get overrun by the T-55's

Dont understand "Once safely on the ground, deploy the survivors across the airfield to unlock the various assetst at your disposal."

We saw the message "Bradley Activated" once but don't know what we did different.

I say we use the transport heli's, reload troops from the rescue LZ and land within the blue dots for 60 seconds on the briefing map - doesn't seem to do anything.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks for the work on this, it is a lot of "Butt Clenching" fun!

Great mission. Flying co-op and 2 of us can get 4 loads off the DD each.

Then we get overrun by the T-55's

Dont understand "Once safely on the ground, deploy the survivors across the airfield to unlock the various assetst at your disposal."

We saw the message "Bradley Activated" once but don't know what we did different.

I say we use the transport heli's, reload troops from the rescue LZ and land within the blue dots for 60 seconds on the briefing map - doesn't seem to do anything.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks for the work on this, it is a lot of "Butt Clenching" fun!

+1

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

Been awhile since I played this mission but if i recall correctly, you can unlock different assets by unloading the troops you rescued at the different areas of the airfield shown in one of the the briefing images.

You can then use those assets via Combined Arms when your airfield comes under attack.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...