Freetrack Access violation

Hi guys, i reinstalled my windows, and then my DCS problems began.. or not really, just a Freetrack problem. i put the headtrackker.dll file in the bin folder like i'm supposed to. when i start DCS and jump in to one of the planes headtracking doesent work. if i tab out to windows or close the sim and try to open Freetrack, i get this error

Access violation at adress 004E21A5 in module "freetrack.exe" Read of adress 00000057

does anybody know what this is?

-Dee Jay

Edited by Dee Jay

I strongly recommend you to switch to FaceTrackNoIR.

You can use it with your LED-cap.

I did this and got rid of FreeTrack's endless bugs...

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

You're welcome mate, and welcome to forum.

See you in the air. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to move to the face track with my hat and hated it. I much prefer FT 2.2. Did you install the binaries as well?

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Hi guys, i reinstalled my windows, and then my DCS problems began.. or not really, just a Freetrack problem. i put the headtrackker.dll file in the bin folder like i'm supposed to. when i start DCS and jump in to one of the planes headtracking doesent work. if i tab out to windows or close the sim and try to open Freetrack, i get this error

Access violation at adress 004E21A5 in module "freetrack.exe" Read of adress 00000057

does anybody know what this is?

I have a similar problem as well. The workaround is to open the Stream dialogue first then close either by clicking Ok or Apply before starting FreeTrack. If this does not work then is the camera driver (PS3 Eye here) and you will need to disable enable the camera under Device Manager in order to reset the driver. Hope this helps :-)