Using X52 Throttle without Joystick

Looking to use TM Warthog joystick with the throttle from an X52 pro. I'm finding that the profile I set just does output any of the commands. It appears that this is because the throttle does not go into any of the 3 modes unless the Joystick is connected. I really have no desire to use the original joystick so I'm looking for solutions.

As a side note, DCS does recognize most of the throttle inputs without the Saitek profiler running however there are some settings I want to use for slewing which don't seem to be possible for the ministick unless i use the Saitek profiler.

Any way around this ?

I used a Saitek X-52 Pro for 8+ years without once touching Saitek's programming software. I normally didn't even have it installed, simply used windows default drivers. Never had an issue. Going with this approach, assignments are made in game and yes, you can leave the stick disconnected. The throttle alone works just fine. Obviously you only get one function per physical button/axis this way. So no tripling things up.