X-65F dual throttle problem

I bought a used X-65f on ebay last week. Every feature on it works except the dual throttle, and I'm trying to figure out if it's a solvable issue.

When the throttles aren't linked together, the right one doesn't register any motion. Neither DCS, nor X-plane, nor the driver software detects it. When linked together, Throttle2 suddenly starts producing output identical to Throttle1.

I'm using the latest beta drivers 7.0.10.6. I've tried a couple of the registry hacks out there, they only succeed in swapping the label with some other axis, the behavior doesn't change.

Has anyone seen a problem like this with the X-65f before?

With the x55 i had the same problem, I didnt use the software rather set up the axis in game in the axis section of aircraft controls, unfortunatelyy i had to set it up individually for each plane but hell it worked.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Works here in DCS World just fine. I've just manually assigned the left and right throttle and both axis were detected with no problems (driver 7.0.9.16). I do have a feeling I've had a similar problem before, maybe it was related to some older DCS config files?

They promised that the new X-55 software will support the older devices, but still nothing. Quick support, not. But, at least the older drivers and software work and are usable, unlike that poor excuse for programming software which comes with the Logitech G940.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I bought a used X-65f on ebay last week. Every feature on it works except the dual throttle, and I'm trying to figure out if it's a solvable issue.

When the throttles aren't linked together, the right one doesn't register any motion. Neither DCS, nor X-plane, nor the driver software detects it. When linked together, Throttle2 suddenly starts producing output identical to Throttle1.

I'm using the latest beta drivers 7.0.10.6. I've tried a couple of the registry hacks out there, they only succeed in swapping the label with some other axis, the behavior doesn't change.

Has anyone seen a problem like this with the X-65f before?

Hello,

For me it works, delete the assignment of the left lever of the General, and assign it to the left.

Here is my setup, sorry but it is in French :)

hotas.jpg

In addition to having suffered with Beta drivers I recommend you not to use them. You'll enjoy your HOTAS much :)

Thanks for the replies, but I think only FraserNZL understands the problem. Throttle2 produces no signal whatsoever, even in the test software that comes with the driver. It only "works" when linked. (I think just means the driver mirrors Throttle1's output onto it--all in software.)

I'm starting to think it's a hardware problem, like the potentiometer just died. Does that ever happen?

I'm also failing at programming the ministick or scroll wheel to do anything so far.

Link together the throttles, then assign the axis, it should work if you split them in game after that. Just talked to my buddy who has them. They just need to be linked in the setup of the axis. Plus double check you have the correct axis assigned because the rotational knobs on the upper part and lower part of the right hand throttles are axis of their own.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I can assign it to an axis in-game when linked (it's called JOY_SLIDER1 I believe) but as soon as I unlink, it goes dead. You can see this happen in the "axis tune" menu.

Do you/your buddy have the same problem with the right throttle going dead in the test software?

I have an X65, and I refuse to even dink around with Saitek's stupid SST software. Nothing but headaches. It's weird that yours works when linked. Makes me think its a board problem.

The reason I say that is, the right toe brake on my Saitek pro pedals died. If I go into windows joystick program and hold down the left toe brake, the right brake eventually moves up on the indicator! No idea how that should happen.

Sorry for the hijack, but Saitek needs to step up their game....

Edited by 2sonmike
Clarification