DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread

FSFIan

Quick question for you experts, will a mega be able to power a single led off of usb power or do I need an external power supply???

I'm no expert but yes the mega will have no problem powering an LED, as long as it's not a high power one.

The max output it can provide from USB power is 500mA afaik.

Before I commit to designing my UFC-ish panel around DCS-BIOS, can somebody answer if it works regardless of multiplayer server settings? As in, will integrity checks or export lua restrictions from certain servers break it?

PC spec: i9 9900KS @ 5.1ghz, 32GB RAM, 2 TB NVME M2, RTX 3090

Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Rift S, Custom UFC

question for you guys, i just built the master caution test circuit and can get it to work fine in the release build but i can not get it to work in the open beta build. both (and 1 at a time) of the save folders for release and open beta have the dcs bios folder in them. is there something i missed to get it to work in the open beta.

Thanks

I'm no expert but yes the mega will have no problem powering an LED, as long as it's not a high power one.

The max output it can provide from USB power is 500mA afaik.

500 mA is the value of the "main" protecting (self resetting) PTC. It protects your connected PC's USB-port by preventing over current in case of a short circuit (or other incidents).

Each port (no matter if PWM or not) should not loaded with more than 20 mA (40 mA for a short time). This is exactly the value of one "normal" LED with suitable Resistor.

This is valid to all members of the Arduino-Family. But consider not to exceed an overall load of 150 mA.

Thumb rule: If it starts smoking: It has been to much and it's too late.

If you're in doubt: You don't have to be expert to read a datasheet. (GiyF! and every PDF-reader has a search tool - often to start by F3)

https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/SMD/ATMega328.pdf

Check out paragraph 26.2 DC Characteristics, page 313ff

question for you guys, i just built the master caution test circuit and can get it to work fine in the release build but i can not get it to work in the open beta build. both (and 1 at a time) of the save folders for release and open beta have the dcs bios folder in them. is there something i missed to get it to work in the open beta.

Thanks

This should also run with the Open Beta. Checkout if you modified the script files as you did inside the release build.

Last weekend I almost to despair while bringing my DCS (with Helios, external Screens, Headtracker and DCS-BIOS) back to work after half a year to be "grounded". So I know it's easy to overlook a little line of code.

Edited by Tekkx

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

Hi

we made a Fork from the Original DCS-BIOS repositorie and made some additions to it.

More planes!!

At least the A-4 and the MB-339PAN are integraded.

here the link to it: GitHub

The Mig-15 needs Testers, because i dont own the module

I got the files for the 3 missing planes (to cover all aviable in DCS), but i dont have the modules.

To make the Files i need the names in DCS-BIOS for the planes. a Screenshot would be the best.

To get it,jump in one of the missing planes, open the BIOS refpage, in MetadataStart can the name found. (i add an example )

Missing planes are: Yak-52, Christen Eagle, C101 in both variants.

Maybe someone can help.

2019-02-05.jpg.0da3930be60dae2af9524d25b4c5babd.jpg

• 1 month later...

new Release:

Planes added:

Yak-52, MiG-19P, Christian Eagle II and Tomcat (WIP)

and Basic Data support for some Mods

VSN-Mods, PAK-FA Project, Civil Aircraft Mod, Upuaut’s Bell-47G, Mirage F.1, SU-30 FAMILY PROJECT,MIG-23UB Project

v.0.7.25 from GitHub

Dcs-bios/Doc there are the guide .html

I already saw that, but noticed the files are a bit old.

I suppose the version that was online would be more up to date.

But out of curiosity, is there any special reason why the page is down?

Hi, I use Helios to get some instruments informations but Helios do a hudge fps drop . Can I use dcs bios to create virtual instrument like an export (like Helios...)? Using c++ builder and import dcs bios output. (I'm noob on programmation) thx!

Your Question: No. You can't export instruments. DCS-BIOS ex- and imports just positions of switches, buttons, lamps and pots. Exception: Screen of the CDU (line by line).

FPS-drop: From my POV (point of view) it isn't to blame on HELIOS. It's just the higher resolution, resulting from the extra screen where you export HELIOS to.

On my system I watched a slightly drop of FPS with Facetrack. It consumes about 15 % of CPU. I antagonized this with a larger CPU. :)

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

Hi.

I have a suggestion for new dcs-bios-arduino-library function.

My DCS Bios Project thread.

I'm an electrician but not a good c++ programmer.

I just created a new post about my "budget box" i'm experimenting with now.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=236617

My problem:

I've been coding and trying to make it so a button changes a value by adding 1 and use that button as an multi pos switch but I've been failing and just found out why.

The testcode I was trying to run should as it is below not send anything to DCSBIOS, but it sends jibberish.

// Counts number of button presses
#define DCSBIOS_IRQ_SERIAL
#include "DcsBios.h"

byte switchPin = 2;                    // switch is connected to pin 2
byte buttonPresses = 0;                // how many times the button has been pressed 
byte lastPressCount = 0;               // to keep track of last press count
bool lastRead = LOW;
#define pos1 0
#define pos2 1
#define pos3 2

const byte domeLightSwPins[3] = {pos1, pos2, pos3};
DcsBios::SwitchMultiPos domeLightSw("DOME_LIGHT_SW", domeLightSwPins, 3);
void setup() {
 DcsBios::setup();
 pinMode(switchPin, INPUT_PULLUP);          // Set the switch pin as input
//  digitalWrite(switchPin, HIGH);      // set pullup resistor
}

void loop(){
 DcsBios::loop();
 if ((digitalRead(switchPin) == LOW) && (lastRead == HIGH) && (lastRead == LOW))  // check if button was pressed
 {
   buttonPresses++;                  // increment buttonPresses count
   delay(1000);                       // debounce switch
 }
 if (buttonPresses == 3) buttonPresses = 0;         // rollover every fourth press
 if (lastPressCount != buttonPresses)              // only do output if the count has changed
 {
   lastPressCount = buttonPresses;    // track last press count
 }
 lastRead = digitalRead(switchPin);
}

Solution.

In the Arduino library add the support to use a toggle action switch.

As it is now it has to be to a pin and you can't use a variable.

AtHppk3.png

What I want it for.

I'm building a button box that needs to be generic.

Bottom row are all rotary encoders with push buttons.

I want the bottom left one to always in every aircraft "turn on" radio1, My thinking behind radio, say in the Huey, the radio you use the most on a mp server, like UHF 264 to talk to MP GCI and radio 2 30.00 VHFFM to talk to other Helipilots.

rNb1A1f.jpg

In the Huey the power switch is a 4-way switch, in another plane it's something else.

Yngwie84: ingame & on Twitch

X55-Hotas - Logitech rudder pedals - DCS Bios box.

New Version Online:

https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios/releases/tag/0.7.25b

F-14 is almost complete.

Testers needed for: F-14B, MB-339PAN, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, Christen Eagle II, Yak-52, socat Versions

need fedback if the Planes,Programs worked as intended

Edited by BlackLibrary

Hi

we made a Fork from the Original DCS-BIOS repositorie and made some additions to it.

More planes!!

At least the A-4 and the MB-339PAN are integraded.

here the link to it: GitHub

The Mig-15 needs Testers, because i dont own the module

I got the files for the 3 missing planes (to cover all aviable in DCS), but i dont have the modules.

To make the Files i need the names in DCS-BIOS for the planes. a Screenshot would be the best.

To get it,jump in one of the missing planes, open the BIOS refpage, in MetadataStart can the name found. (i add an example )

Missing planes are: Yak-52, Christen Eagle, C101 in both variants.

Maybe someone can help.

Hi BlackLibrary

See attached if you still need them

C-101CC.thumb.jpg.691f8e8bee86a74754c05607dd44aef6.jpg

C-101EB.thumb.jpg.93856282906850e4bdea91db3323b98d.jpg

Replace 0x1234 with a base address for your module. A base address is the address in the DCS-BIOS export address space where the data from your export module starts. Choose it in a way so the address space occupied by your module does not overlap with any other export module that is active at the same time. Ideally, choose it so you do not have an overlap with any other export module. As a rule of thumb, take the highest base address of an existing export module (except MetadataEnd) and add 1024 (0x400). 1 KiB of address space should be more than enough for most aircraft.

Largest address I find is the P-51D with 0x5000, so I will try 0x5400.