DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread

FSFIan

I have my Arduino Uno working and figured out what Sketch to use, the one that opens when I open the program. Sorry for all of the posts here. I guess I am getting the rest of my LEDs wired up in the next few weeks and building my warning lights panel. Thanks for the help. How are people connecting wires to their Arduino Uno? Pictures would be great.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

Hi,

Is it possible to mix hid devices with classical dcs-bios arduino panels in DCS-BIOS, I mean without relying on DCS binds, but setting up everything in DCS BIOS?

That's because I have a HID throttle, and I would like to control stuff which isn't controllable by binds in DCS, but can be in DCS BIOS.

(For instance, the M-2000 UHF PRESET knob has no bind, you can add them in defaults.lua, but it then requires 20 different binds, one for every channel, and 20 HID buttons, which is impratical, you can't have CH+/CH- binds for use

with an encoder)

Having a single DCS BIOS config for all controls would be much more practical for a mixed arduino+hid setup.

Thanks!

i write you to report a problem:

GOt some problem with DCS BIOS , for 2 or 3 days i suffer FPS drops ; i found this in my log :

[C]: ?

[string "C:\Users\FiercePC\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\lib\CommonData.lua"]:20: in function 'v'

[string "C:\Users\FiercePC\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\lib\Protocol.lua"]:173: in function 'step'

[string "C:\Users\FiercePC\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua"]:102: in function 'PrevLuaExportAfterNextFrame'

[string "C:\Users\FiercePC\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:65: in function <[string "C:\Users\FiercePC\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:58>.

2020-11-23 20:40:53.690 WARNING LOG: 11 duplicate message(s) skipped.

2020-11-23 20:40:53.690 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 gc() LOD 0 63 squares

2020-11-23 20:40:53.710 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 gc() LOD 1 63 squares

2020-11-23 20:40:53.717 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 gc() LOD 2 23 squares

2020-11-23 20:40:53.720 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 gc() LOD 3 13 squares

2020-11-23 20:40:53.720 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 gc() 63.131000 ms

2020-11-23 20:40:53.817 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "C:\Users\FiercePC\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\lib\CommonData.lua"]:20: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'ias' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

after disabling DCS bios in my export.lua, no more FPS drop ... any idea ?

Best regards

there will be an update! Tests are running in the Flightpanel Fork (master branch) if all goes well HUB gets also updated.

something in DCS has changed with the last updates.

@galinette M200C has a Preset knob in BIOS = UHF_PRESET_KNOB

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 3:46 PM, BlackLibrary said:

there will be an update! Tests are running in the Flightpanel Fork (master branch) if all goes well HUB gets also updated.

something in DCS has changed with the last updates.

@galinette M200C has a Preset knob in BIOS = UHF_PRESET_KNOB

Where are your hub updates posted?  I have v0.10.0+64 and that's the latest I can see here: https://github.com/dcs-bios/dcs-bios/releases/

for hub i do only Updates to some modules i have the right for and only if an bug/problem occurs.

then i use the luas from our fork to patch the hub ones. Mostly ther are some other additions included.

8 hours ago, BlackLibrary said:

for hub i do only Updates to some modules i have the right for and only if an bug/problem occurs.

then i use the luas from our fork to patch the hub ones. Mostly ther are some other additions included.

But WHERE do you post the files?

Fighting with the search engine and feeling really blonde.  In previous projects I've done things the hard way and not used DCS-BIOS - just using LUA natively. 

Finally discovered how crazily easy DCS-BIOS makes pit building with the Hornet.  Just stuck on one little thing - how do you send the basic stuff like pause sim, change view, as these aren't in the aircraft specific modules.  And in the Common Module I can see outputs, but not inputs.

I'm sure it is something completely obvious 🙂

Thanks

Peter

Edited by bnepethomas

vor 5 Stunden schrieb No1sonuk:

I posted about a problem with the P51 trim data a few months ago:

Ah yea dont know were the problem is but switch works. so i have a new readout for the indicator itself. But this i cant upload to HUB because for the rocketcounter i need a new switch that isnt integraded in HUB and cant from my side. In FP Fork its in.

6 hours ago, BlackLibrary said:

Ah yea dont know were the problem is but switch works. so i have a new readout for the indicator itself. But this i cant upload to HUB because for the rocketcounter i need a new switch that isnt integraded in HUB and cant from my side. In FP Fork its in.

The rocket counter thing was a misinterpretation on my part.  That is purely an indicator of which rocket station will fire next and can only be reset, not selected.  So that's not needing a change.

The trim indicator output is the real problem I'm having.  There doesn't seem to be any way to display the indicator needle position.

Hello there. I have installed DCS-Bios on Hard Drive C and DCS open beta at Hard drive E. Dcs bios can not find DcsConnection. I post pictures above.
 I go to my --C:\Users\Admin\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts-- open Export.lua. and put manually the the following line to myExport.lua to enable the Virtual Cockpit Connection: But even with that does not work. Any idea what is wrong? 
Also when i go to the botton right corner of the screen to open DcsBios i can not open it.Is that normal?

111111111.png

2222.png

3333.png

Edited by slowmover

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/12/2020 at 9:57 PM, slowmover said:

Hello there. I have installed DCS-Bios on Hard Drive C and DCS open beta at Hard drive E. Dcs bios can not find DcsConnection. I post pictures above.
 I go to my --C:\Users\Admin\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts-- open Export.lua. and put manually the the following line to myExport.lua to enable the Virtual Cockpit Connection: But even with that does not work. Any idea what is wrong? 
Also when i go to the botton right corner of the screen to open DcsBios i can not open it.Is that normal?

111111111.png

2222.png

3333.png

This is an issue that should have been fixed ages ago. Not everyone installs their software in the default location!

A fix can be found here.....somewhat agricultural but does the job

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/220583-at-a-loss-with-dcs-bios-install/?do=findComment&comment=4120202

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Hello fellow DCS-BIOS Users!

I have a strange problem. I have a sketch running own an Arduino Mega clone for the Mi-8 ARK-9 Radio Compass. @Hansolo originally helped me with getting this Sketch written with some complex Pin register tricks. 

It used to work beautifully, then a few months ago I found that getting refuelled/rearmed was very hit and miss, and finally the Ground Crew ignore me altogether if this sketch is running.

After swapping the Arduino out, I established that it is not a hardware issue. I broke the code down and rewrote the sketch, chunk by chunk, and have worked out that the code at fault is for the Frequency Tuner for -10kHz to +20kHz. If I /*---*/ this code out, the sketch works fine and the Ground Crew do what I ask.

In the Mi-8, on the ARK-9 the freq tuner is a potentiometer, and allows adjustment of -10 to +20kHz. In the ARK-15 it is a rotary switch from 0 to 10 in in 0.5 increments, ie 20 (0-19).
So my Sketch has the following code to emulate that, written with the help of Hansolo. The DCS-BIOS code for the rotary encoder uses increments of 3200, so that has been used to emulate the 0.5kHz increments. This code works well for the instrument, but it blocks the Ground Crew.... 

// Check and adjust 1st dial
  if (DCS_valueDial_1 != inputDial_1()) {
    if ( inputDial_1() == 0) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "0");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 1) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "3200");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 2) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "6400");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 3) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "9600");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 4) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "12800");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 5) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "16000");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 6) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "19200");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 7) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "22400");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 8) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "25600");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 9) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "28800");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 10) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "32000");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 11) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "35200");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 12) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "38400");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 13) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "41600");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 14) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "44800");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 15) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "48000");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 16) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "51200");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 17) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "54400");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 18) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "57600");
    }
    if ( inputDial_1() == 19) {
      sendDcsBiosMessage("ARC9_MAIN_TUNE", "60800");
    }
  }

This is causing the Ground Crew to not respond to my requests for rearming and refuelling, or repairs. I can however call up the Rearm/Refuel dialog box and make selections of weapons, and fuel, flares etc. Just no acknowledgement or action. Livery/skin can be changed.

So, Wise Men of DCS-BIOS with skills and knowledge, please help! I continue to think about and try amendments to the code, but its all trial and error, and probably misguided, depending on luck rather than info. 

Hope you can help!

Thanks,

Mol

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

Hi everyone,

I am new to DCS-BIOS and would need some help and advice with regards to my button box.

In case this is the wrong forum please feel free to remove this post.

The problem:

I am designing a button box for a UH-1 with the aim to make it easier to fly in VR. Rather then always searching for the mouse or so I would like to have a box with to turn noobs or switches for example changing the radio frequency. All of this works.

The problem I have for example is the overhead cabin light panel. There are (should) be 6 rotary switches to control the cabin and background light. I could use 6 rotary switches and map them 1 to 1 but as this is not intended to be a real replica of a cockpit and I am looking for something to make VR flighting easer I am looking for a more practical and cost effective solution.

Is there a way to have 1 switch or button execute multiple commands? In this case I rotate 1 rotary switch and in DCS all 6 are rotating?

Limitations:

Unfortunately I am not a software developer so my ability to read and write code is limited

Any help is appreciated. 

2 hours ago, radonk1979 said:

Hi everyone,

I am new to DCS-BIOS and would need some help and advice with regards to my button box.

In case this is the wrong forum please feel free to remove this post.

The problem:

I am designing a button box for a UH-1 with the aim to make it easier to fly in VR. Rather then always searching for the mouse or so I would like to have a box with to turn noobs or switches for example changing the radio frequency. All of this works.

The problem I have for example is the overhead cabin light panel. There are (should) be 6 rotary switches to control the cabin and background light. I could use 6 rotary switches and map them 1 to 1 but as this is not intended to be a real replica of a cockpit and I am looking for something to make VR flighting easer I am looking for a more practical and cost effective solution.

Is there a way to have 1 switch or button execute multiple commands? In this case I rotate 1 rotary switch and in DCS all 6 are rotating?

Limitations:

Unfortunately I am not a software developer so my ability to read and write code is limited

Any help is appreciated. 

Might not help the rotary switch part of your question, but I too built a button box for VR flying. I posted in this forum thinking that DCS BIOs was they way to go but actually you don't need DCS BIOs to  do this. A button box can actually be much more simple to build than this. I used a leo bodnar board and basically just wired the switches I bought on ebay to that. Then it was plug and play. I don't use rotaries just on/on momentary switches to +/-. However my button box is for options that I cant use through the mouse like views, kneeboard, nvgs. I do bind a couple of handy flight controls to it but prefer to keep it to mouse as much as possible. I don't use my keyboard while flying at all as my button box is set out for me to feel the correct switches, rather than see.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=205

Edited by Hoirtel

Previously on wrong thread I posted about dcs bios stops responding. I have 10 Arduino 1 uno 2 nano 7 megas running so I started unplugging one at a time and running Dcs I found that the uno with 3.5 led display for CDU were causing the crash. I am going to test with new uno and new 3.5 display. I am going post results as soon as I can. If anyone has had some of the same or similar issue I would like your input thx

Edited by Chickenbone72

@MustangSally

I´m trying to get my tekcreations panel to work with the Huey.

I saw that link you provided but I reinstalled DCS openbeta to the default path, so I don´t think Fedaykinwolf´s advice will help me. 

Here´s where I just installed DCS: "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" 

I also reinstalled DCS-BIOS-Hub-Setup-v0.10.0 to C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\ 

I click open web interface, then in the browser, com3 is highlighted green and is connected. Virtual cockpit is not however and under lua console > status, DCS connection remains greyed out.   

I found another thread where someone installed an older version, but there´s no instructions it seems on how to install these (version 7 was mentioned in the thread).

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. I have no idea why it´s not working. Lua line was also in the export lua file so ...

Edited by RabidRider

On 12/23/2020 at 7:05 AM, RabidRider said:

@MustangSally

I´m trying to get my tekcreations panel to work with the Huey.

I saw that link you provided but I reinstalled DCS openbeta to the default path, so I don´t think Fedaykinwolf´s advice will help me. 

Here´s where I just installed DCS: "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" 

I also reinstalled DCS-BIOS-Hub-Setup-v0.10.0 to C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\ 

I click open web interface, then in the browser, com3 is highlighted green and is connected. Virtual cockpit is not however and under lua console > status, DCS connection remains greyed out.   

I found another thread where someone installed an older version, but there´s no instructions it seems on how to install these (version 7 was mentioned in the thread).

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. I have no idea why it´s not working. Lua line was also in the export lua file so ...

Have you created the export.lua ? should look somthing like this

local dcsRg=require('lfs');dofile(dcsRg.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-raygun.lua]])

BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\]]; BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\chick\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]]; if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) end --[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\Helios\HeliosExport16.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

must use note++ to edit lua files

then check that dcs bios finds you install

Edited by Chickenbone72

An update to my issues with DCS-BIOS not responding(crash)15 min or less in to flight when running 10 Arduino's (1 uno 3 nano 6 mega). I took out the Uno that drives my A-10C CDU and ran dcs for over 2.5 hrs no crash then ran just my uno for CDU and also ran with no issues for over 2 hrs. Am I running to many Arduino's? Any help would be greatly appreciated 👍

most of my ino files are below

DCS_CDU_DISPLAY.ino IRQSerialVHFRadio1_3.ino IRQSerialRightConsoleNanoTACANDisplay.ino IRQSerialRightConsoleMega3.ino IRQSerialRightConsoleMega2.ino IRQSerialLeftConsoleMega_2.ino IRQSerialLeftConsoleMega_1.ino A10C_CLP_2.ino