Pop-Up Attack

MBot

I figured out some parameters for a low-level offset pop-up attack for the Sabre. I am not saying this is the correct procedure, but it works surprisingly well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=115367&stc=1&d=1427020291

If you put the chart in your Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard folder, you can access it on your kneeboard. Is there a folder which will only display it in the Sabre?

F86_Pop-Up_Attack_Chart.thumb.jpg.73235c3c56b03911e73445e5e457a0a0.jpg

• 1 month later...

Pop-Up Attack

Nice plan MBot, gonna try it out. Skillful illustration too.

Q. How do you adjust sight depression angle?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

The one with placards?

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Could you post an in-cockpit tutorial video?

Yes, it works well on the Sabre with fixed sights being the only difference for me and I'm now trying it out with the Mig-15. I drew the plan on a piece of paper.

Next I'll try it with the Mig-21.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

My go, based on your profile.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Thanks!

Nice video Holbeach.

Here is my take on it (no video, just a track), flown a little more aggressive and showing setting up the switches. As usually I am over-Ging the Saber...

Edit: Doh, I realize I had already attached the same track in the initial post :)

With regard to the switches, in the 1st and last run, only 1 switch is used, the bomb selector to both due to the fixed sights being used. the 2nd run is manual pip bomb sight set to 3000 ft.

We use 2 different styles of attack to achieve a similar aim, either way is good fun. :)

Here is the Mig-15 version.

Edited by Holbeach

• 3 weeks later...