How to prevent AutoStartUpProcedures? (LWin+Home)

I don't think its possible. The only way is to put a message in your mission briefing to delete the corresponding autostart keys.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

only way is to put a message in your mission briefing to delete the corresponding autostart keys.

How would I do that? Or do you essentially suggest to simply tell the clients in the briefing to not use autostart?

Why are you worried if they use auto start? While I am quite capable of running a checklist and starting the aircraft...I often use auto start to get the jet ready while I grab a snack or review mission materials....

It's not really a cheat, just a shortcut. Not throwing stone just curious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

yeah a simple "please don't use autostart keys" would be nice. I'm guessing you want to tutor the group into starting with checklists? like check everyone's switch?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 4 years later...

I really think is not possible, autostart is a client side "procedure" and don't trigger any message on server, so....you can't.

...btw...form personal side.....I can't understand why you're looking soo hard turning off autostart, but it's up to you ;)

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Hey Maverick, since you brought the subject up in a productive manor, here's my reasoning.

In short, auto start removes a major human fallibility element(s) so to speak.

I understand, for casual gaming, or for some quick, fast and fun air combating, it's not a really big deal, and is quite helpful for folks with limited time budgets and little ones running around while trying to get your kill for the night in, or not to be killed for the night.

However, in a small (yeah right, started out that way) project I'm working on in my spare time, (and that will probably not go anywhere) one of the primary elements of the project is to retain the dynamics and realism of the human fallibility factors, in the context of more of an aviation simulation than an air combat game (using DCS World, for example). Forgotten or miss-placed steps in a high pressure, rushed and/or careless aircraft start-up procedure can, and do happen more often than they should in real life, and can, and do, more often than it should, lead to some very heart-stopping, or expensive, or even disastrous moments later on in a flight, and this is even more so in the environment of combat aviation. And as it just so happens by some odd coincidence, just such an environment as what the World of DCS is capable of simulating.

In aviation, human factors and fallibility is an extremely important subject, and not only for the pilots, but mechanics and others as well, whether it's military or civilian, as many of our aviation professionals here will tell you.

Bad habits are extremely easy to start, extremely hard to stop, and in aviation can be extremely costly and/or deadly.

And the below quote from Wiki,

Ergonomics (or human factors) is the scientific discipline concerned with the understanding of interactions among humans and other elements of a system, and the profession that applies theory, principles, data and methods to design to optimize human well-being and overall system performance.

I finally got the point, I worked for 8 years as Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineer, and every year we make recurrent training regarding human factors, as well as other training :book: :book:

BTW.......in the next days I'll take more test, but for now I would say you can't on DCS. The only event that server "sees" is the:

EVENT:OnEventEngineStartup(EventData)

Occurs when any aircraft starts its engines.

And unfortunately this means there is no difference between Auto start and Manual Start procedure as far as I know.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I am asking for this feature for years. The auto start feature is too often used by people who don't want to know how the aircraft really works and just shoot things down. Since the auto start is far from perfect (at least on some choppers like the Mi8 where several circuit breakers are not engaged in auto start), you are ending up with the pilot starting to ask why such and such is not working in the heat of the battle, or just crashing into the ground because he wasn't able to engage this crossfeed pump or to pull this emergency power that would have allowed his aircraft to keep flying. (it's just that he never really care about opening the manual and looking at this).

My 2 cents.

What maybe could work is putting an edited lua file on /config/controls folder inside the .MIZ file, removing the keybinding for the autostart .. I’m not near my PC to try it, but I believe it could work.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I finally got the point, I worked for 8 years as Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineer, and every year we make recurrent training regarding human factors, as well as other training :book: :book:

BTW.......in the next days I'll take more test, but for now I would say you can't on DCS. The only event that server "sees" is the:

And unfortunately this means there is no difference between Auto start and Manual Start procedure as far as I know.

What maybe could work is putting an edited lua file on /config/controls folder inside the .MIZ file, removing the keybinding for the autostart .. I’m not near my PC to try it, but I believe it could work.

Thanks Maverick and Rudel,

I hope the schema Rudel mentions will work, if so, it seems it would be a fairly easy solution. Please let me know if so!

Maverick, if you would please, let me know what you might have had in mind also.

I'll look into Rudel's method myself too, however, it'll be next month for sure at the earliest. Sounds simple enough even I could do it? :huh: :helpsmilie:

Thank both of you much!! :)

Edited by DigitalEngine

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2

• 2 weeks later...

Dear lord I hope that doesn't work. If a server starts messing with my keybinds that would literally be the last time Id touch that server.

I believe what he is saying is that the SERVER would set the ability to BLOCK the Autostart Keybind that you have in your setup from actually doing anything while Logged into the server session.

This doesn't mean that any editing of your keybinds on your local computer would be performed.

This doesn't mean that any editing of your keybinds on your local computer would be performed.

That is correct ... as this configuration is only valid within the specific mission. I know it can be done for the views, but never tried to do it with the Controls folder .. I'm only assuming it could work :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 months later...

If this ever becomes a thing, it will pretty easy to work around it.

I don't like the DCS auto start because it is too slow and skips a lot of important stuff.

However, after 30 years of flying real airplanes the last thing I ever want to do is run another start checklist.

So for DCS I just build a complete start to finish start sequence in VoiceAttack and bind it to a key on my Logitech G13 game board.

Press one button and Voice Attack runs the entire sequence from start to finish just the way I like it. I build one for each common situation (Day Land, Day CV, Night Land etc)

My point is that pursuit of this is pointless. The technology exists to automate the start checklist and you can't really stop people from doing it.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg