Cockpit angle can´t be saved in multiplayer

iFoxRomeo

I can set the cockpit angle/position in singleplayer and save it with RALT+Num0. I don´t like the standard FOV.

But as soon as I join a multiplayer session the view returns to (factory)default FOV and position.

Back in singleplayer the values I saved are again available.

Even if I save different values during the MP session, the next time I log into a MP session the default values are "back".

The MiG-15 is the only aircraft with this behaviour.

Repair didn´t change it.

Can someone confirm this?

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• 4 weeks later...

I experience the same problem and it's really annoying cause the default FOV is far from the real one (yes I have a chance to seat for a while inside that beauty)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

If multiplayer mission was saved with the prepare mission tool in Mission Editor, it will save the default FOV for the machine it was created on, every client is forced to use this FOV on connection.

It is a server side issue, and will need the host of the server and mission to edit the mission and delete the CONFIG/View folder out of the mission itself, so that it will then use the clients FOV settings on connections.

Regards, Ian

• Like 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

If multiplayer mission was saved with the prepare mission tool in Mission Editor, it will save the default FOV for the machine it was created on, every client is forced to use this FOV on connection.

It is a server side issue, and will need the host of the server and mission to edit the mission and delete the CONFIG/View folder out of the mission itself, so that it will then use the clients FOV settings on connections.

Regards, Ian

Thanks a lot. That works!

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3