Modifying ABRIS Charts

Reaper6

Wondering if anyone has found a way to change the actual charts ABRIS uses? It's almost like a 8 year old drew that map 50 years ago!

I'm guessing this would be a reference to the charts

Add(base_charts)

local entries =

{

LOCALIZE("КАРТА"), etc. etc.

So has anyone actually tried changing the charts? Maybe to the ME Satellite view? Or even some of the awesome maps available online?

Just a thought...

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

• ED Team

Yeah, a while ago I was looking into switching the color coding of the ADA unit engagement fans on the ABRIS, so that if you were flying a Ka-50 on the Blue Side, the enemy ADA would show up as red. But unfortunately, the colors are hard coded as Blue for enemy and Red for friendly, regardless of coalition affiliation.

At least you can add custom graphics like phase lines, no-fly zones, and other things with the line draw tool, and additional routes. Lines and routes seem to be the only things that get saved however, points and markers don't (last time I tried about 5 months ago)

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Yeah, a while ago I was looking into switching the color coding of the ADA unit engagement fans on the ABRIS, so that if you were flying a Ka-50 on the Blue Side, the enemy ADA would show up as red. But unfortunately, the colors are hard coded as Blue for enemy and Red for friendly, regardless of coalition affiliation.

At least you can add custom graphics like phase lines, no-fly zones, and other things with the line draw tool, and additional routes. Lines and routes seem to be the only things that get saved however, points and markers don't (last time I tried about 5 months ago)

I was able to save points thru ME "Prepare Mission", and showed up for all coalition Ka50s. I think they always add little things and never tell anyone.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

• ED Team

Yeah, that's what I was referring to...the points never seemed to stick when using the Prepare Mission option, but the lines and additional routes would. I would try to mark battle positions using symbol markers, but when I loaded into the mission again, they would be gone, but the lines I saved would be there.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Hmmm, I will have to try again tomorrow I may be mistaken.

Also

specific_element_names[specific_element_id.ELM_SAM_AREA_FRIENDLY] = "threat_friendly"

specific_element_names[specific_element_id.ELM_SAM_AREA_HOSTILE] = "threat_hostile"

Lines 992-993 in ABRIS_init.lua

"De oppresso liber"

• ED Team
Also

specific_element_names[specific_element_id.ELM_SAM_AREA_FRIENDLY] = "threat_friendly"

specific_element_names[specific_element_id.ELM_SAM_AREA_HOSTILE] = "threat_hostile"

Lines 992-993 in ABRIS_init.lua

Awesome! Thanks I'll give that a try tomorrow. :)

DCS Rotor-Head

"Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man."

Just noticed that, right on man!!!!

"De oppresso liber"