Capt Zeen P-51D and TF-51D Helios Profile ! ! !

Here you got it !

niiQQp4.jpg

Using similar techniques i used before width the F-15C profile, i managed to send a lot of data from DCS to helios using just the FC2 interface.

In the future i want to create a new interface for Helios that cover all the clickable data, but for now, i use the FC2 profile to export as many data as posible.

For this profile i exported Radio Indicator Compass, Ias, clock, suction indicator, manifold pressure, altimeter, gyroheading, Flight Indicator ADI, Horizont caged, coolant temp, rpm, carburator temp, oil temp, oil press, fuelpress, Gmeter, Gmax and Gmin, VVI, sweep ball, turn needle, back radar light, landing safe light, landing unsafe light, high blower light, oxigen flow, oxigen press, hydraulic press, Anmeter, left tank fuel, fuselaje tank fuel, right tank fuel, rokets counter and all vhf radio lights and buttons

I also included switches and buttons for the front Dash, right panel, weapons panel, fuel panel, radiator panel, K-14 gunsight selector-dimmer panel and the VHF radio.

I included, aswell, a new keyboard configuration of several switches that don't have a key asigned in DCS, so to enjoy at 100% the profile, you need to configure those keyboard in DCS.

Of course i added the navigation panel from others profiles, so you can check airport charts, tactical maps, ndbs, etc

The profile works in 4 aspect resolutions: 16:9, 16:19, 5:4 and 4:3 and 5 diferents international keyboards

You can download it from the web page:

http://www.captzeen.com/helios

Hope you like it ! !

Excellent work mate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Awesome work Capt Zeen. Much appreciated.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Thanks CaptZeen, looks beautiful,it releases my instruments monitor from DCS graphics and gives me 20% increase in fps.

One problem though. It works fine off-line (Instant Action) but I can't get it to work on-line. I have tried starting the Profile before and after starting DCSWorld before then selecting MP. I have tried starting the Profile, then going directly to starting DCS Multiplayer. I have tried starting it off-line (works ok), then Escaping back to main menu and then going to MP where it doesn't work. I also tried two different servers. In all MP cases the instruments stay frozen at their 'Start' positions. Is there something I should be doing for MP use?

Sorry for the questions.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Nice work, thank you! I'm hoping to try this profile out over the weekend.

Excuse my ignorance but is this so you can have all the gauges on a second monitor?

Helios provides that ability, but it also allows customised switches that can be clicked via a touchscreen monitor. So all those switches you see in the screenshot (I'm assuming all!) can be clicked by touching the screen, which will interface with DCS.

It works fine off-line (Instant Action) but I can't get it to work on-line.

Are you running anything Export.lua-related besides Helios?

Check dcs.log for errors.

By default, a server setting removes "LoGetWorldObjects()" from the export environment. Maybe one of your add-ons that uses Export.lua stumbles over this and takes the rest with it.

Ian;2361026']Are you running anything Export.lua-related besides Helios?

By default, a server setting removes "LoGetWorldObjects()" from the export environment. Maybe one of your add-ons that uses Export.lua stumbles over this and takes the rest with it.

Aha!

dcs.log tells me:

00059.828 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportActivityNextEvent:[string "C:\Users\Dad\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"]:1460: attempt to index local 'myInfo' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "C:\Users\Dad\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"]:1460: in function <[string "C:\Users\Dad\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"]:1452>.

and line 1460 in Export.lua says:

if myInfo.Name == "P-51D" or myInfo.Name == "TF-51D" then

Which seems to hang together..... but I don't know what it all means

:(

EDIT: I forgot to say I do have other export.lua's, the one referenced above plus the one in Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCSWorld\Scripts\ which I believe isn't used when there's a 'Saved Games' one available and the one in Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\export\ folder.

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I am just using the getdevice(0) to get the p51 data, and then i send it via SendData() to Helios.

Tonight i am going to take a look.

Ian;2361026']Are you running anything Export.lua-related besides Helios?

Ummm thats help me a lot, tonight i am going to revise the code and look for a solution.

Thanks !

Aha!

dcs.log tells me:

00059.828 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportActivityNextEvent:[string "C:\Users\Dad\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"]:1460: attempt to index local 'myInfo' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "C:\Users\Dad\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"]:1460: in function <[string "C:\Users\Dad\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"]:1452>.

and line 1460 in Export.lua says:

if myInfo.Name == "P-51D" or myInfo.Name == "TF-51D" then

Which seems to hang together..... but I don't know what it all means

:(

Capt Z

Off topic question. On your BS profile, on the bottom of the main panel to the left of the Laser Freq dial is a switch labeled DTL ON and DTL Off. What do these switches do? I cannot find info on them in the manual.

Thanks

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

this is the datalink power power on/off. on the cockpit you can find it just below the pvi.

Capt Z

Off topic question. On your BS profile, on the bottom of the main panel to the left of the Laser Freq dial is a switch labeled DTL ON and DTL Off. What do these switches do? I cannot find info on them in the manual.

Thanks

I see this line at the end of the export.lua:

--dofile( "C:\Users\Micky_w7\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\exportTWS.lua ")

I guess it won't do anything bad to leave it there but we might as well delete it?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I see this line at the end of the export.lua:

--dofile( "C:\Users\Micky_w7\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\exportTWS.lua ")

I guess it won't do anything bad to leave it there but we might as well delete it?

The line is comented, in other words, is not evaluated.

You can delete it if you want.

The line is comented, in other words, is not evaluated.

You can delete it if you want.

Ah I see, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Help - no interface!

You have done some terrific work w/Helios, but I have a problem. I have A-10C, and P-51D. A-10C works great w/Helios, but I dont have any Flaming Cliffs to use with P-51D Helios Interface.

Is there anyway to work around this, other then purchasing FC? And FC2 is NO LONGER available; Flaming Cliffs 3 is now out. Should I be forced to buy this, will FC3 work with your utilities?

milesk@yahoo.com

You have done some terrific work w/Helios, but I have a problem. I have A-10C, and P-51D. A-10C works great w/Helios, but I dont have any Flaming Cliffs to use with P-51D Helios Interface.

Is there anyway to work around this, other then purchasing FC? And FC2 is NO LONGER available; Flaming Cliffs 3 is now out. Should I be forced to buy this, will FC3 work with your utilities?

milesk@yahoo.com

As far as i know you dont need to have Flaming Cliffs installed to run my profiles, even if they use the FC2 interface form Helios.

milesk@yahoo.com

As far as i know you dont need to have Flaming Cliffs installed to run my profiles, even if they use the FC2 interface form Helios.

As Capt Zeen says, you don't need FC. In fact the P-51D is a DCS a/c not FC. I have it running with mine just fine.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

Sorry, I must be missing something. I can enter the profiles into helios just fine, but how do I interface the P-51D with DCS?

"I can enter the profiles into helios just fine"

Profiles are to be kept in "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Helios\Profiles\.

Open "Helios Profiles Editor" and go to Profile.. Open.. to ensure Helios sees the profiles held in that folder. Open the P-51D profile "P51_v1.01b_eng.hpf" and check the Install Path which on mine is in the box named "Flaming Cliffs 2.0 Setup" (?!) I think this is where your point about not having Flaming Cliffs comes from. Check that the install path points to your DCS WORLD INSTALLATION, usually "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World". If it doesn't, fix it and Save it.

Close the Editor and run the "Helios Control Center" to activate Helios and select a Profile to run. The Control Center automatically interfaces to DCS due to the Install Path you pointed to.

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'