Made mistake- can I delete contents of 'Images' folder and replace with no problems?

Hi,

Is it possible for me to delete the contents of the ‘User/My Documents/Helios/Images’ folder and then replace it without causing problems with current Helios profiles in use? I have the A-10C Helios profile of Cap Loz on my touchscreen at the moment and am trying to set up Cap Zeen’s Ka50 Helios profile but may have made a mistake in the setup process and need to know if deleting then replacing the contents of this ‘Images’ folder will cause problems.

I really would appreciate any help,

OZTRIPWIRE

Overwrite Cap Loz A-10C charts in Helios/Images with Cap Zeen Ka50 ones?

Hi,

Thanks very much for your advice, it is much appreciated. I have another question though about setting up Cap Zeen's Ka50 Helios profile. I already have the Helios images for Cap Loz's A-10C Helios profile in Helios/Images and I tried to copy and paste the Ka50 images from the Cap Zeen Helios downloadable package into the User/My Documents/Helios/Images section and selected to overwrite the files already there with the same names (I did this as there were already Ka50 files there from the past but I believe that they were for the wrong resolution setup because crosses show up on the screen in the Profile Editor), but when I tried to copy and paste then overwrite the files with the same names the program tells me that I already have an ‘Airports charts’ folder and do I still want to merge the folders. It said that I will be notified if any files have the same names in these two folders (that of the Airports charts folders in User/My Documents/Helios/Images and the Airports charts folder that came with Cap Zeen's downloadable package). I checked and some have the same names but the layout of some of the charts seem to differ slightly. My question is, should I overwrite the files in the ‘Airport charts’ etc folders with the same names or copy in the Cap Zeen Ka50 download package images and not overwrite the pre-existing ones in the 'Airports charts' etc folder? If I did the latter then the program would slightly change the names of those Ka50 files I am trying to put into Helios/Images for me.

Like I said I have Cap Loz’s A10C profile images already in Helios/Images and have compared those with the Cap Zeen downloadable package images and like I mentioned some of the Airport charts seem to be slightly different. Will overwriting the A-10C ‘Airports charts’charts with the ones that share the same names from the Cap Zeen downloadable package cause problems with my current Cap Loz A-10C Helios profile?

Also, am I right in thinking that when I open Cap Zeen’s Ka50 profile in the Helios Profile Editor and crosses show up on it that that is because the images are not in it properly? That is what I read but is that the only reason?

Hope this makes sense and thanks very much for any help,

OZTRIPWIRE

Edited by ozTRipwiRE
Font size

Copying into Helios/Images

Hi,

Can anyone who understands how Helios works please tell me if slightly changing the names of some of the images that have to be pasted into User/My Documents/Helios/Images when setting up a Helios profile will cause problems? I have to copy and paste images into Helios/Images and have some files with the same names (as I mentioned previously).

Thanks,

OZTRIPWIRE

Hi,

Can anyone who understands how Helios works please tell me if slightly changing the names of some of the images that have to be pasted into User/My Documents/Helios/Images when setting up a Helios profile will cause problems? I have to copy and paste images into Helios/Images and have some files with the same names (as I mentioned previously).

Thanks,

OZTRIPWIRE

Can't help you yet, but I have downloaded all of the helios stuff, and may have a look at it this weekend and try to get it going on my second monitor.

Looks quite involved, so may not be able to sorted it in a day or two.

Quick read of some setup info, would indicate that you do just dump the Ka-50 images in with the A-10c images, and indeed over right some images.

But it was only a cursory glance to get an over view of the whole helios system.

Will help, when I know more about it myself.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Still have crosses on screen in Helios Profile Editor

Hi MadDog-IC,

Thanks very much for the reply. I have copied the Ka50 1920*1080 images into the User/My Documents/Helios/Images folder and have overwritten the files already in that folder that had the same names. I merged the folders that shared the same names as well. I thought that doing this would get rid of the crosses all over the screen when I load the Cap Zeen Ka50 Helios profile in the Profile Editor but it did not. (I attached an attachment showing what the screen still looks like). I read that the screen had these crosses all over it because the images were not in the My Documents/Helios/images folder properly, but I just copied them in there and the crosses still show up. Can anyone please tell me what I have done wrong and how to get rid of the crosses and get the screen to show up properly in the Helios Profile Editor?

Thanks,

OZTRIPWIRE

Attachment re crosses on screen for Ka50 helios profile.pdf

Hi MadDog-IC,

Thanks very much for the reply.

I have copied the Ka50 1920*1080 images into the User/My Documents/Helios/Images folder and have overwritten the files already in that folder that had the same names.

My best guess is that you haven't copied the directory and its contents, just its contents, ie, you have to have the Capt_Zeen directory in Helios\images\ and not just the files and sub directories that were in that folder in the original download file.

I merged the folders that shared the same names as well.

The only directories that maybe should merge would be:

• Capt_Zeen
  • Airports charts

Can anyone please tell me what I have done wrong and how to get rid of the crosses and get the screen to show up properly in the Helios Profile Editor?

Well I don't know what you have done, obviously I can't see the directory structure of the installed stuff in the profiles and images folders.

But I have installed all of the capt Zeen profiles for the Ka-50, P-51, Su-25T and F-15c, also the Loz A-10c into helios and the profile viewer all works as expected with all guages and switches showing as they should with no crossed out sections for all these.

I can not however test the final product from game, as I can't get a second monitor connected to my new video card as yet as it only has HDMI and DVI inputs, and the other monitors I have are only VGA connection, I have three DVI-vga adapters but they only work on the ati card and will not actually fit into the nvidia card.

I would say that you haven't copied the complete Capt_Zeen directory into the images folder for example:

• Airports charts
  • Capt_Zeen
  • Capt_Zeen_NIGHT
  • Huey
  • LozImages
  • Nmsp

I will attach a directory listing of the directories and what files should be where and also the export.lua that is used for all of the installed profiles as listed above, this export.lua has to go into:

• c:\User\Username\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\

That should get it working in Helios Profile editor at least, I hope

Regards, Ian.

helios_Directories.txt

Export.lua

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

'Cap_Zeen_NIGHT' folders in images section of P51D/Su25T/F15C downloads

Hi,

I have been working on my Helios setup for Cap Zeen's profiles and have a question. I have downloaded the P51D/F15C/Ka50/Ka50 NIGHT/Su25T Helios packages (I already have Cap Loz' A-10C profile on my PC) from Cap Zeen's site and have copied and pasted the profiles into the Helios Profile Editor and went to copy the images into Helios/Images but have another issue. I found what I presume to be the main images folders but am confused about the folders called, 'Cap_Zeen_NIGHT' that were also in the F15C/P51D/Su25T images section (as well as in the 'Ka50 NIGHT OPERATIONS' package of course).

There were 'Airport charts' and 'Area map' folders in these 'Cap_Zeen_NIGHT' folders and I am not sure what to do with them. Do I copy the 'Cap_Zeen_NIGHT' folders that are in each of the F15C/Su25T/P51D packages into User/My Documents/Helios/Images, merging the 'Cap_Zeen_NIGHT' folders each time with the pre-existing ones and overwriting any files with the same names? I take it that they put the 'Cap_Zeen_NIGHT' folder in the F15C/Su25T/P51D packages for a reason but given the name I am not sure what I should do. :helpsmilie:

Thanks for any help,

OZTRIPWIRE

Hi,

There were 'Airport charts' and 'Area map' folders in these 'Cap_Zeen_NIGHT' folders and I am not sure what to do with them.

Do I copy the 'Cap_Zeen_NIGHT' folders that are in each of the F15C/Su25T/P51D packages into User/My Documents/Helios/Images, merging the 'Cap_Zeen_NIGHT' folders each time with the pre-existing ones and overwriting any files with the same names?

I take it that they put the 'Cap_Zeen_NIGHT' folder in the F15C/Su25T/P51D packages for a reason but given the name I am not sure what I should do. :helpsmilie:

Thanks for any help,

OZTRIPWIRE

Yes, just merge the Capt_Zeen_Night directories, the files are all the same, and if they aren't they need to be put in there anyway.

• Like 1

DCS Tech Support.