Lock sounds and pipper.

Schmidtfire

Is the sounds for the missilie locks correct?

The IR lock tone is the same as the SAR tone. No classic sidewinder "growl" when the IR missiles are selected...

The pipper slews over the target when locked with IR, is this also correct behaviour? Seems a bit advanced for a Mig-21.

Im just a bit curious if this is how it works on the real Mig-21bis.

Thx, Leatherneck for a great module!

Always a joy to fly :thumbup:

Apparently (judging from description of folks who know more about ASP sight than me), slewing pipper is indeed a bit of a "gameplay feature". Can't comment on the lock tone though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of the IR tone only, it seems that very often after you lock a target and break lock from it, the tone remains forever... and that shouldn't be right. Although the target had been lost, the tone continues to ring in your years and you can't shut it down (unless you reduce the tone volume to 0) and also you can't know whether you lock a target again or not, unless you only see the pipper lock on a target again. Needs tested!

When you can't prove something with words, let the maths do the talking.

I have an insatiable passion for helping simulated aircraft fly realistically!

Sincerely, your correct flight model simulation advisor!

Speaking of the IR tone only, it seems that very often after you lock a target and break lock from it, the tone remains forever... and that shouldn't be right. Although the target had been lost, the tone continues to ring in your years and you can't shut it down (unless you reduce the tone volume to 0) and also you can't know whether you lock a target again or not, unless you only see the pipper lock on a target again. Needs tested!

I've hit the same bug too.

• 4 months later...

I found a workaround for the above infinite lock tone issue. Switch off the generator and battery, then switch them back on.

Is it me, or is fixing an issue with a complex fighter jet by turning it off and on again deliciously low tech? If only we had an option to whack the control panel Han Solo style...