STEAM Spring Sale

No problem activating steam keys on the standard DCS. You will just have to add dcs world to your library (don't download it) then click CD Key on the right to view the key.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

Thanks for the response, I missed the Steam FAQ sticky just above the thread and found all I needed to know in there.

So, if anyone else has similar queries about Steam go check the FAQ :).

Bought the Mustang and the '109 :). Had to try very hard not to buy anything else, especially since I bought my shiny new Warthog only a couple days ago :P.

Thanks for the response, I missed the Steam FAQ sticky just above the thread and found all I needed to know in there.

So, if anyone else has similar queries about Steam go check the FAQ :).

Bought the Mustang and the '109 :). Had to try very hard not to buy anything else, especially since I bought my shiny new Warthog only a couple days ago :P.

Get the Dora and F86 also if you don't have them yet. Unfortunately the Mig-15 wasn't on sale this round because it looks awesome to fly online.

Steam Keys can be used in the Stand Alone but nice the other way round.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Noooo, I just bought the Mig-21 three days ago on steam for $50 because I thought the price wouldn't drop. Now it's 50% off lol. And I knew the sale was right around the corner but I didn't know it was going to be this Friday. Why do I never listen to my own advise about not buying a game for the full price...

I have purchased everything I have from DCS EShop. I do not want to purchase from Steam....seems like modules from both do not mix well.

I have two more aircraft I want to purchase....I will wait for the sale at DCS EShop.

Laz

I do not want to purchase from Steam....seems like modules from both do not mix well.
Normally these topics in the official announcements section are locked. That said, I have had no trouble integrating modules from Steam into my E-shop collection. Steam provides an activation key that can be bound to your E-shop account.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Normally these topics in the official announcements section are locked.

An oopsie by Matt?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

If I buy modules for DCS off Steam, is it still possible to transfer the keys over to my ED account so I can use them as stand alone? Would rather not have Steam using up resources while I'm flying.

Just to note, it clearly states the license keys usage in the first post and first paragraph of.the steam.FAQ thread that is stickied to the top of the forum.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill,

X470 Taichi Ultimate, R7970 Lightning @ 1.2 / 6 GHz Memory

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Buying off Steam results in less money for ED. But if you want to have a copy you can use on Steam you might want to do it that way.

If ED was worried about more revenue from their sales, they shouldn't have cut their own sale short by a day. They said their last sale would be a three day sale, but it only lasted two days :doh:

No problem activating steam keys on the standard DCS. You will just have to add dcs world to your library (don't download it) then click CD Key on the right to view the key.

I did not see any way to add DCS World to my library. I WAS logged in but since I no longer have Steam installed maybe that was the reason why?

Is there a way to purchase a DCS plane without actually having Steam installed?

Aviar

Intel i7-4790 4-Core @3.60GHz

Asus Z97-C Motherboard

16GB DDR-3 1600 SDRAM @800 MHz

NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB

Creative SB ZX SBX

Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers

27" AOC LED - 2752

Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals

Logitech G13 Gameboard

GoFlight GF-T8 Module

WIN 8.1

this sale came in just in time.. i was about to buy mig 21 full price a few hours before it but decided to wait. needless to say you're now looking at one happy mig pilot

Damn you! The opposite happened to me!! Still a happy Mig pilot though :pilotfly:

Will there be a Spring Sale from ED's own webshop? The reason I ask is because all of my modules have been purchased from ED's shop and I want to support ED directly. Unfortunately I missed the mid-winter sale and at the moment I cannot afford to purchase full priced modules. :(

(Looking to buy the Mig21 and Bf109)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I do not want to purchase from Steam....seems like modules from both do not mix well.

Please don't post weird statements like that again as this confuses other readers by upholding a false guess.

Technically there doesn't mix anything. You solely buy a key. Whether you download your purchased modules via ED's website or have them installed by a DCS World version you installed in Steam is entirely your decision and has nothing to do with the option to buy keys in different shops.

If you installed DCS World in Steam, the modules you bought in the steam shop will install automatically.

If you installed DCS World by downloading it from ED's website, you will have to download the modules also at ED's, no matter where you bought the key.

So obviously there is no mix.