what modules will you buy

agentdarnell

I am not sure if I want them all or not. I am on the fence about the ww2, Korean, mig 21, Hawk, c-101, and no-good. I just bought the uh1 and p51 to see if I like the ww2 planes. I know I will purchase the f-18, eurofighter, f-14, ah1, oh-58, mirage 2000, Dassault Rafale , f-16, and probably most of the Mach fighters. What are you planning on purchasing and looking forward to?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

go to steam and buy now what you like. Keys you can use in ED. :thumbup:

I have all the modules. :music_whistling:

I think i buy them all....:pilotfly: sorry addicted to dcs.......but more for dcs world 2.0 i'll think. :joystick:

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

my top 5 and reasoning

Edit: I have all the current modules so these are planned purchases when available.

1: EE Lightning (just awe inspiring)

2: Mk.XIVe Spitfire (to scare those pesky K4's)

3: F-14 (It's an icon)

4: Me262 (beginning of a new age)

5: Everything else (though I won't be able to afford them all I am genuinely excited about everything in the pipeline)

Edited by Random

go to steam and buy now what you like. Keys you can use in ED. :thumbup:

I have all the modules. :music_whistling:

I think i buy them all....:pilotfly: sorry addicted to dcs.......but more for dcs world 2.0 i'll think. :joystick:

I bought 3. Huey, p51, and mi-8. Cant buy the rest right now and not sure i want all. I will only buy the ones i am not sure about the next sale.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

None, until DCS shows it can deliver a good historical, playable and battle space integrated WWII combat flight sim experience. If 'Edge' and the WWII project goes well, then me, and probably most of my squad mates, will start purchasing WWII aircraft big time. We are waiting to see what DCS can do. I do not intend to purchase aircraft just to fly around without putting them to there intended use in an historical setting against historical opposition.

For me, and others I know, we are especially looking for the Tempest V, if a good quality DCS WWII experience can be delivered.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Everything fixed wing. Helicopters are maybe, just because I know the fixed wing list might get pretty big and I'm going to use those more than helicopters.

At the moment DCS seems to be doing quite well, but I am hoping that DCS 2.0 clears up the reaming issues that the sim has. In all honesty though, there aren't really many pieces of entertainment software that compare.

I bought 3. Huey, p51, and mi-8. Cant buy the rest right now and not sure i want all. I will only buy the ones i am not sure about the next sale.

Can't go wrong with that. The sales can give some very large discounts.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I'll buy the MiG-15 to go with my sabre when it's on sale for $15 or less, but not before. Other than the trainers, I already have all the other post WW2 stuff. Things I'm looking forwards to are the various post Korea jets and the attack helicopters. If I had to pick one of the announced projects as my most anticipated, I'd say the Mi-24P as of this instant. Ask me again in 5 minutes and I may say AH-1W. Tough call between the two. :)

Buy them all. But not all at once.

Too much to play with and too little time ... that would at least trigger my virtual ADHS and spoil the fun for me. I would probably try to learn it all at once and would jump from plane to plane which would not do them justice. At all.

Ymmv, ofc. :o)

Some folks really seem to be having too much money and spare time on their hands, while not knowing what to do with both.

In my case, I only buy the aircraft I'm really interested in (vintage) and do not buy the ones I'm completely not interested in (modern), 'cause I know I won't fly them anyway. So I prefer spending this cash on something else, after all, DCS flying ain't the only thing in the world a human being can do in his/her free time :D.

For the aircraft I'm tiny-little-bit interested in, frequent sale and flashsale discounts are the way to go (good strategy on ED's part, 'cause I would certainly not buy them otherwise).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I'll buy pretty much anything, Day One.

My order of interest, however, is:

* Helicopters

* Cold War jets

* Current jets

* Korean war aircraft

* WWII

Not interested in anything civilian or WWI, but haven't had to confront that issue yet.

Edited by Pizzicato

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

F14, F18, WWII all US & British warbirds, emphasis on Carrier Ops, all Maps

Phantom if anyone does it. Of course I would buy the F16 or Harrier, if that happened.

No need to wait for Edge, appropriate theaters maps etc. which will be great when they come.

I buy them now for the awesome flight models and fidelity. There is nothing better out there.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Currently, I own them all except C-101, Hawk, and CA. I will surely buy the L-39, because it's a really enjoyable little jet, popular all over the world, also it's made in my country and i really really like this plane. :) It will surely satisfy all my needs for light trainers, so the other two will have to step aside. If I eventually end up buying one of them too, it will most likely be the Hawk, simply because I like the design better. But not before she gets proper AFM, or EFM, or whatever is it called now.

Then, of course, the Hornet. It's not only one of the few U.S. planes I really care about, it will be also the first modern jet with DCS fidelity. Multirole, carrier-based, with precise ammunition and stuff, what's not to love? Oh, and the F-14. Such an iconic plane, one I loved since my childhood. And no, not because that stupid movie. :D

Other than that, I will be probably temted for the Spitfire too, and will keep a very close look at the Eurofighter. If somebody did Rafale, though, I would be even happier.

Wow, it looks like a pretty long list I have here. I should better start saving. In the future, I'd like to see more Russian planes, and especially more helicopters. Can't wait for Belsimtek to announce the Hind!

But honestly, what I want now more than any modules is the release of EDGE. It's really long overdue now, and all those wonderful modules really need some adequate and up-to-date engine to fly in.

Ormuz

DCS F-18

VEAO Eurofighter

Leatherneck F-14A/B

Might plunge to Korea and WWII as well, but at the time undecided.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Some folks really seem to be having too much money and spare time on their hands, while not knowing what to do with both.

In my case, I only buy the aircraft I'm really interested in (vintage) and do not buy the ones I'm completely not interested in (modern), 'cause I know I won't fly them anyway. So I prefer spending this cash on something else, after all, DCS flying ain't the only thing in the world a human being can do in his/her free time :D.

For the aircraft I'm tiny-little-bit interested in, frequent sale and flashsale discounts are the way to go (good strategy on ED's part, 'cause I would certainly not buy them otherwise).

You don't need to master every module. My flight time with the UH-1 can be measured in minutes, I still can't cold start the Ka-50, and all I've done in the Bf-109 is takeoff and land. I still think it's worth it and it leaves me time to do other things as well.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

All F-15 and later nato fighters planes wich currently is the f15... F-18 is a clear buy, i'll probably get the mirage despite its non-existing bvr capacity just to troll other in dogfights. Eurofighter is interesting if it does come out, I'm not a fan of the plane, but it has nice capacities.

Well, I already own all except the MiG-15Bis and C-101CC/EB. I will have the P-47D, Spitfire MkIX, and Me-262A as soon as they are released...So... for the announced modules

I'm definitely getting the F-14A/B, Mi-24P Hind F, OH-58D Kiowa, AH-1 Cobra, Mirage F-1, Sea Harrier FRS1, Tornado GR1, Gazelle, Bo-105, CH-47 Chinook, and Sa-330 Puma. I'll probably get the F/A-18C as well as I used to work on it and am familiar with the jet.

As for my most wanted (day one purchases) that are not officially being produced yet-

F-14D Super Tomcat, F4U-1A/C/D Corsair, F4U-4/4B Corsair, F4U-5N Corsair, OV-10A/D Bronco, F-4E ARN-101 Phantom, F-4G Wild Weasel V, F-105G Wild Weasel III, F-105D Thunderchief, F-111F, F-111E, F-111D, F-111C, F-111A, FB-111A, EF-111A, B-1B Lancer, Mi-24A, Mi-24V, B-26B/G Marauder, CV-22B Osprey, MC-130H Combat Talon II, MH-60K/M, MH-60G Pave Hawk, A/MH-6 Little Bird, MH-53J/M Pave Low III/IV, F-4D Phantom II, F-4J Phantom II, MiG-27K Flogger J2, MiG-25BM Foxbat F, AV-8B Harrier II, Harrier GR7, Harrier T12, Me-410A/B Hornesse, Me-210A, B-29A Superfortress, KC-10A Extender, C-5B Galaxy, C-17A Globemaster III, Victor B2/K2, PA-200 Tornado, Tornado ECR, F-5E Tiger II, F-100D Super Sabre, He-219 Uhu, F-8E/H Crusader, A-7E Corsair II, Hs-129B, and the T-45C Goshawk.:pilotfly:

Edit: In my grogginess last night I forgot the Tu-22M3 Backfire C and Su-17M-4 Fitter K in my list as well.

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Basically I'm willing to buy anything except WWI era stuff. I respect the men who flew these aircrafts but the aircafts themselves are just way too slow and too simple for me. I'd like to get just one trainer (c-101 or alphajet, whichever comes best modeled in the sim) but only when the navigation aspect of dcs has got better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]