Audio sample rate setting

Distortion isn't usually a matter of Bit Rate. It doesn't do this in other settings?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

well... what really helps is that you offer up, at least, some idea as to what your Sound card is, along with driver version, operating system and motherboard specs.

Some Creative cards, earlier X-Fi releases, had a lot of popping associated with them... but not with all systems (iirc, the problem was Latency related?)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

~ and I am getting "popping" noises at the main menu, no music on. Any help with this would be appreciated.

must have misread... my apologies

24bit 48000 Studio Quality in use atm, on a Creative X-Fi Recon - all clear

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Run this program to see if your dpc latency is within acceptable levels. http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon. You could have some kind of driver snafu, which causes big spikes in latency, causing pops and crackles. However, these spikes has to be pretty severe for them to affect a normal "gaming setup". Audio or music production systems are very sensitive to these spikes, normally acting up if the latency is more than 2 ms high.

Still, dpc latency is relevant for any pc that is streaming audio and video realtime. Read up on the subject, as there are a lot of info on the subject. The latency some processes and dll's cause in modern systems are horrendous, and the regular "sinners" are graphics drivers and network related ones (wifi).

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.