Floridas F-15c are better then yours.

Davis0079

Or so I hear. Just read this article http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/florida-air-guard-f-15c-eagles-to-deploy-to-russias-doo-1694154634 . Very short, but had one or two things to say about the airframes.

Quote"

The Florida Air National Guard's F-15Cs are some of the most advanced in the world, with many of them receiving the APG-63V3 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar. The "V3" as it is called, is a quantum leap in capability over the mechanically scanned array APG-63 and is considered to be one of, if not thee most power and capable air-to-air radar in the world. Also, the 125th FW is the first F-15C unit to incorporate the Sniper targeting pod for air-to-air use, allowing crews to identify targets visually at extreme ranges. To my knowledge, they remain the only unit that is fully operational with the Sniper pod at this time, a capability that will enhance their utility when it comes to intercepting foreign aircraft under various conditions.

"

Edited by Davis0079
  • Like 1

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

" The Florida Air National Guard's F-15Cs are some of the most advanced in the world, with many of them receiving the APG-63V3 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar. The "V3" as it is called, is a quantum leap in capability over the mechanically scanned array APG-63 and is considered to be one of, if not thee most power and capable air-to-air radar in the world. Also, the 125th FW is the first F-15C unit to incorporate the Sniper targeting pod for air-to-air use, allowing crews to identify targets visually at extreme ranges. To my knowledge, they remain the only unit that is fully operational with the Sniper pod at this time, a capability that will enhance their utility when it comes to intercepting foreign aircraft under various conditions.

"

oh.. isn't this interesting

i was talking with some -15 pilots about 18months ago and they were discussing the pros and cons of this -- i wasn't aware the usaf was in the process of actually doing this

i think this is probably experimental

while there are arguments "for" putting the sniper pods on the jet, there are also some drawbacks..

still, i'm glad to see this went through

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PoAF has carried Litening AT's for the Baltics policing during NATO/VVS massed intercepts outbreak for the same reason. It works.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Why does the Air National Guard receive better equipment over the Air Force? It confuses me a bit.

Why? There many ANG and USAF Reserve units with better equipment than active units. It's about their missions, resources available, fund acquisition, etc.

- Tulsa ANG AFAIK, is the only F-16 block 42 with PW-229 engines.

- North Carolina ANG are the only combat capable block 52 in the US, all other are testing, training or the Thunderbirds.

- There are F-22 ANG and reserve squadrons as well as plans for F-35.

In the last 10 years they have been pushing to integrate the USAF more with ANG and Reserve units.

Look for USAF Total Force and you can find more info.

This is a direct PDF link

http://www.armed-services.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/James-Welsh_04-29-14.pdf

As for the APG63v3, its been talk about its introduction for decades now IIRC, you can find papers talking about it on the net; how to implemented and problems the program has encounter.

For example:

http://www.dau.mil/pubscats/pubscats/arj49_columbi.pdf

At first glance, the optimization results generated one major question: Why isn’t

the model recommending immediate purchase of the item(s) rated as most necessary

in the survey? As a specific example, why do the results recommend immediately

buying Digital Video Recorder (DVR) and Night Vision Goggles (NVG)-compatible

interior and exterior lights for the fleet instead of the APG-63v3 radar when the radar

ranked so highly on the survey? Perhaps the reader will think it is because of the

relative cost of the items. The v3 radar certainly has a much higher Necessity Coeffi

cientthan DVR (7 times), but it also has a per-unit cost over 450 times that of the Night Vi-

sion Imaging Sensor (NVIS) Phase II. Several striking examples of relative cost can

be calculated. For the price of only four v3 radars, it would be possible to upgrade all

the remaining combat-coded jets in the short-term fleet (168 aircraft) with BOL-IR;

and for the price of equipping three aircraft with the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing

System (JHMCS), it would be possible to install NVIS Phase II lighting in the 104

aircraft remaining in the short-term fleet without it. Recall that the optimization is

trying to maximize capability for the entire fleet, not just an individual aircraft.

direct PDF link

http://www.dote.osd.mil/pub/presentations/ProgramDelaysBriefing2014_8Aug_Final.pdf

Replacement of the radar transmit/receive tantalum capacitor modules with the polymer capacitor modules due to failures caused by arcing on the similar F-15C

Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Radar (APG-63v3)

PDF link

THE Eagle’s Eye Spring 2011

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

There are no fighters in the NC ANG ... only C-130s.

Why? There many ANG and USAF Reserve units with better equipment than active units. It's about their missions, resources available, fund acquisition, etc.

- Tulsa ANG AFAIK, is the only F-16 block 42 with PW-229 engines.

- North Carolina ANG are the only combat capable block 52 in the US, all other are testing, training or the Thunderbirds.

- There are F-22 ANG and reserve squadrons as well as plans for F-35.

In the last 10 years they have been pushing to integrate the USAF more with ANG and Reserve units.

Look for USAF Total Force and you can find more info.

http://www.armed-services.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/James-Welsh_04-29-14.pdf

As for the APG63v3, its been talk about its introduction for decades now IIRC, you can find papers talking about it on the net; how to implemented and problems the program has encounter.

For example:

http://www.dau.mil/pubscats/pubscats/arj49_columbi.pdf

direct PDF link

http://www.dote.osd.mil/pub/presentations/ProgramDelaysBriefing2014_8Aug_Final.pdf

PDF link

THE Eagle’s Eye Spring 2011

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are no fighters in the NC ANG ... only C-130s.

My bad, I meant South Carolina. 169FW

SCANG have Block 52s - got them post 1991.

Yeap, thanks

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..