Is there customers weather setting for DCS

Jateu

Hi all

Again a silly question. I'm having a lot of trouble getting my Hawg to fly straight. Is there anyway the set of at the least check weather settings? I want to be able to confirm a crosswind but nothing visible to indicate to me!

Thanks again for your help.

Open the mission in the mission editor, the weather setting is the 4th or 5th icon down the left side. Looks like a cloud with a sun peeking out. There are three settings on the right for the wind.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Apart from the obvious tweaking in ME, I recommend to have a look at the briefing, normal ATC procedures and the CDU.

When you start the mission look at the briefing it has a part about the weather.

Next, when in the mission, contact the ATC (tower) for take off via radios. First response is the weather/crosswind info at the airport.

Now when in the A-10C airborne at flight level you can use the CDU to check weather. If a mission uses dynamic weather this is pretty useful...

- on the UFC press FUNC then 1(SYS)

- in the right MFCD go to the CDU page

- select LASTE

- select WIND

Now in the upper right you can see the current wind direction and speed plus air temperature.

The good thing about learning these is, you don't need to change the mission settings every time and when on a server in MP, you won't be able to influence the weather anyway.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers,

Shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)