Scrolling through combat modes

IonicRipper

I like to use one of the hat switches on my joystick to sort of simulate the mode selector switch on the real Flanker stick. The only problem with that is there are several combat modes but only 4 positions on my hat switch and every other switch and button are already assigned so I'm stuck with only 2 or 3 combat modes.

Everything would be so much simpler if it was possible to scroll through the BVR and close combat modes with every press of a button the same way you can scroll through nav modes with every press of the number 1. Its probably possible to do with the TARGET software but it would be best if it was already in game. Instead of having a different button for every mode, we could have une button for nav, one button to scroll through BVR modes (scan, TWS and flood for example) and one button to scroll through close combat modes.

Anyone else like this idea? And while were at it, does anyone know how they use the different combat modes in the real Flanker?

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only thing I can suggest is using the "shift" key. That way you can add more functions to your stick.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I agree that using a shift button might work ( I will experiment with that), but if it was already implemented in-game, it would be better IMO.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]