No Shiny Fuselage Question

Pilot37

Just bought F-86 and using DCS for the first time. I don't seem to have any of the highly polished looking effects on my Sabre. All settings at max detail. Is this a beta issue? Every video I looked at seemed to have this effect.

Wait for DCS2 aka EDGE in the next few months.

But IRL the Sabres weren't shinny in combat...... I think.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Hi,

yep, default skins need corrections I think.

Check some of very nice repaints with better effects than default model, for example this: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/929544/ .

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Hello,

I don't know for you but the metal effect is better with the Mig-15 that F-86 no ?

For me I prefer the Mig-15 metal effect...

Hello,

I don't know for you but the metal effect is better with the Mig-15 that F-86 no ?

For me I prefer the Mig-15 metal effect...

..but after the 1.2.16 patch has a problem too... :/

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Just bought F-86 and using DCS for the first time. I don't seem to have any of the highly polished looking effects on my Sabre. All settings at max detail. Is this a beta issue? Every video I looked at seemed to have this effect.

Active Duty Sabres weren't polished.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill,

X470 Taichi Ultimate, R7970 Lightning @ 1.2 / 6 GHz Memory

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

but after the 1.2.16 patch has a problem too.

Yes Yoyo you have right and I've read your post about this problem: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140820

Bye, Skull.

Videos were training ones.

Thanks for the replies. Still want a shiny Sabre as advertised (even if it does get me shot down quicker) and happy to wait for it. Thanks for the skin link Yoyo. That's now installed.

Superb fun once I worked out how to get ground power (it doesn't work everywhere in the quick mission generator as it turns out) / fix the trackir etc. Very engaging simulator even if, so far, just practicing flying circuits!

Will get the MiG 15 when the price is right as well. Looks even better!

I'm converted to DCS.

Videos were training ones.

Thanks for the replies. Still want a shiny Sabre as advertised (even if it does get me shot down quicker) and happy to wait for it. Thanks for the skin link Yoyo. That's now installed.

Superb fun once I worked out how to get ground power (it doesn't work everywhere in the quick mission generator as it turns out) / fix the trackir etc. Very engaging simulator even if, so far, just practicing flying circuits!

Will get the MiG 15 when the price is right as well. Looks even better!

I'm converted to DCS.

Mind You:

a) Ground power and all the other ground crew services will work "everywhere" in mission editor, as long as You don't forget to switch airport color to Your side ("blue" or "red");

b) YoYo's link gives You one of the old, superb BoNidle's skins for the Sabre (he did many of them), which unfortunately stopped working well after 1.2.16 update, because of changed texture mapping on the external model. If You install them, You will notice some gfx glitches on wings, engine and fuselage markings. Let's hope he will rework them in the near future.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.