Prime pump not necessary?

Flying-Kane

Hello community and developers,

in the Bf109 we need to pull the prime pump at least 12 times to have the necessary fuel pressure to start the engine.

Why is this not necessary in the FW190? As soon as i open the fuel selector lever, the fuel pressure rises to the normal level, so the prime pump is useless...

Will this be modelled in the future?

Thanks for your answers.

Edited by Flying-Kane

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

Hello community and developers,

in the Bf109 we need to pull the prime pump at least 12 times to have the necessary fuel pressure to start the engine.

Why is this not necessary in the FW190? As soon as i open the fuel selector lever, the fuel pressure rises to the normal level, so the prime pump is useless...

Will this be modelled in the future?

Thanks for your answers.

I don't remember seeing a priming pump anywhere in the Bf-109. I do however remember switching on 2 fuel pumps (front and rear) which is when the fuel pressure rises for me.

Are you confusing the planes?

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

It's pretty hard to miss, big red knob by where your left knee would be.

Well it looks like I am the one switching the planes up in my head. I'm talking about the Dora. So priming is not necessary in the DORA maybe because of the electric fuel pumps. I don't think it's something that just isn't implemented. :thumbup:

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Well it looks like I am the one switching the planes up in my head. I'm talking about the Dora. So priming is not necessary in the DORA maybe because of the electric fuel pumps. I don't think it's something that just isn't implemented. :thumbup:

Correct, the way it works IRL is that a pump wasnt needed unless the temps were below a certain degree outside. But for the most part the Dora and DB engine did not need a hand pump to start the plane in warmer temps either starting cold or hot.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.