The Guncam, What Does It Do?

Bushranger

Hello folks,

I've been messing around with the Fishbed and I noticed one of the switches places a gun-cam on the gun-sight, but what does it do? Does it actually record, if so how do you access the footage?

Cheers,

Warbird. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Give me two Australian divisions and I will conquer the world.."

- Erwin Rommel

It doesn't do anything in sim other than obstruct your view.

Oh, okay. I was really hoping it recorded so I could get some guncam shots. :(

Thanks anyway. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Erwin Rommel

Gun-cam apparently wasn't really for post fight analysis but rather for training.

It probably would record the gunsight when you hold down the trigger to take a series of photos (while there are no actual bullets being fired), from which could be evaluated if you would actually landed bullets on target or not.

Apparently it was not even carried during real combat.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Apparently it was not even carried during real combat.

If I'm not mistaken I believe the Egyptians used them when they were fighting the Israelis? I could be wrong, I'll try and find some images.

EDIT: Found this image.

rbxy5t.jpg

Edited by Bushranger
Found an image.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Erwin Rommel

If I'm not mistaken I believe the Egyptians used them when they were fighting the Israelis? I could be wrong, I'll try and find some images.

EDIT: Found this image.

Thanks for the info and the picture!

Have a look at this post of Novak (Dolphin887): http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2192709&postcount=41

Guys,

so called "gun-camera" is not what it seems.

This device is used for training purposes, to make images of fixed net and reticle when - during the training - pilot presses fire/launch button (firing/launching could be simulated - no actual firing or launching, or real). Images are processed after the flight (note that this is the single seat aircraft) for evaluating purposes: pilot will receive "the grade" (I hope this is the right term) according to those images. Most of A-A missiles have their training counterparts with recorders inside. Similarly to this camera, recorder will record all radar+weapons+buttons operations, and pilot would be "graded" after the training flight. These devices along with the SARPP are called "resources of objective control" (naive translation).

(This was very brief explanation.)

When the aircraft is combat-ready, this camera is removed.

In essence, the only way to simulate real thing is to remove it completely. We did not want this.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Thanks for the info and the picture!

Have a look at this post of Novak (Dolphin887): http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2192709&postcount=41

I guess that explains a lot, thanks. :)

I would still like to see the guncam working like on the MiG-15 so I could get some gun cam shots with F-15s in my sights. :lol: :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Erwin Rommel