Product Announcement: DCS: T-65 X-Wing Fighter!

Ryback

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new X Wing fighter !

I have seen the video on the official updates but it says that the release is late 2016 or even in 2017. My question is why are they showing this now in early 2015. It also looks as if it's finished !!

Mizzy

I really hope that ED is able to faithfully replicate how this spacecraft operated. They have a long road to get good data, I mean this thing has been out of production for what a couple of millennia! I'm really excited though this is in the works! Looking forward to the TIE models! ;p

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

AI is waaaaaaay to accurate for Stormtroopers :D

I'm starting to get funny looks at work, because I'm laughing so hard!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Day 1 purchase for me. :D

No fun: If ED would release it with a FC3 cockpit and SFM, IMO a lot of nerds here (me inclueded) would buy it. :D

And the time to develop such good map .. uhm ... 3 years for NTTR ... and here the whole galaxy ... I could bequeath the Beta key to my grandson.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice, looks like someone developed a VTOL flight model...

This should work very well with a storm trooper mod in DCS Combined Arms.

Beczl Studios did, you know the guys that started off whit a MIG-21 mod that trough plenty of hoops and leaps became the MIG-21BIS from leatherneck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

WTF?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...43#post2364743

Flies like a helicopter!

So this is what they found in the Area-51 hangar using the Nevada map?

I can see the 104th using this with their FC3 liveries.

Tyger would be loving this; the WWII aircraft set him off!

Hollywood movie contracts?

Have to wait for its release, no dying from heart attack or cancer at least until then.

LOL!lol.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...i hope it come with "a galaxy far, far away" scenery!
Yes, it will come with Space map, and will collidable with meteors and comets. :P

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

May the force...

Check this out ;)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=141579

and he is the test pilot:

:lol:

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

Beczl Studios did, you know the guys that started off whit a MIG-21 mod that trough plenty of hoops and leaps became the MIG-21BIS from leatherneck.

Oh, right. I actually know that video. Yeah, that whole story...

Thx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

ED or any official ED Partners or 3rd parties devs not related to XWing.

I`ve made it from scratch, there are true 90 degrees thrust vectoring and some very simple aerodynamic with 6 forces and 3 moments.

Done with free open API by ED.

Any Jedi could programm XWing EFM :D

Happy 1st April

Day 1 purchase for me. :D

No fun: If ED would release it with a FC3 cockpit and SFM, IMO a lot of nerds here (me inclueded) would buy it. :D

And the time to develop such good map .. uhm ... 3 years for NTTR ... and here the whole galaxy ... I could bequeath the Beta key to my grandson.

They might ask Frontier Development for help on that, I mean they have an entire galaxy, called Milky Way by some, created procedurally and are working on figuring out how to do planetary landings.

As for a new X-Wing or Tie Fighter Space Sim, I would definitely be on board for one of those, it has been too long since the last one.

personally, I'll just wait for the hologram version... word on the street is it'll have its' own holo-deck.... the first update should be the zero gravity mod...

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy