What aspect of flight simming are you most into?

kontiuka

What aspect of flight simming are you most into?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What aspect of flight simming are you most into?

• Learning aircraft systems and behaviours
    • Learning real life tactics and procedures
    • Both of the above
    • Multiplayer
    • Creating/hosting missions and campaigns
    • Making videos
    • Making mods
    • Building rigs and pits
    • Just enjoying it without getting too serious
    • Other - specify

I answered "Both of the above", but I enjoy learning the systems and learning the real world tactics and teamwork to then apply them against people in Multiplayer.

I think I would get bored of playing with the systems and learning tactics if I couldn't then apply them as a means to an end.

(the "end" being a smoking bad guy) ;)

For me the most important thing is the most accurate FM as it can be... In this the DCS has no match :thumbup:

I voted "Just enjoying it without getting too serious", but learning all that systems and blowing stuff up too is great fun too :joystick::pilotfly::D

Edited by Suchacz

Feeling of flight. Most of my flying is nap of earth. I like to zoom around mountainous regions. Banking, turning and avoiding becoming a pancake. :D

Also, taking off and landing never get old to me. Can't wait for carrier ops.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

This should have been a multiple choice poll. I like learning about planes from an engineering perspective, I like flying, I like air combat, I like learning the systems, I like making missions, I like making videos. I've always been into aviation, so to being into flight sims is completely natural to me. Hardcore simulators have been my preferred type of game since before I was 10.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Yea, just the pure joy :thumbup:

...this should be our anthem :music_whistling:

"Learning To Fly"

Into the distance, a ribbon of black

Stretched to the point of no turning back

A flight of fancy on a windswept field

Standing alone my senses reeled

A fatal attraction is holding me fast,

How can I escape this irresistible grasp?

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies

Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I

Ice is forming on the tips of my wings

Unheeded warnings, I thought, I thought of everything

No navigator to find my way home

Unladened, empty and turned to stone

A soul in tension -- that's learning to fly

Condition grounded but determined to try

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies

Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

Above the planet on a wing and a prayer,

My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air,

Across the clouds I see my shadow fly

Out of the corner of my watering eye

A dream unthreatened by the morning light

Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night

There's no sensation to compare with this

Suspended animation, a state of bliss

Can't keep my mind from the circling skies

Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

a little bit of everything more or less.

thing is, i want to learn the hornet 150% when it comes, until then i realy enjoy flying the old warbirds and the huey for the simple reason, that they dont have computer systems that support you, so it is flying at its best, at least for me.

Also, taking off and landing never get old to me. Can't wait for carrier ops.

i build a mission for some friends and myself, and for each session i change the dynamic weather, setting the actual date we have on that day and the correct season, not just for the feeling, but also for not getting used to june 1st clear sky no wind, and in the beginning i noticed myself and my friends had to get ridd of exactly that bad habit, we needed to learn to "feel" the aircraft for each flight, cause the environment changes every time ;)

so except building a pit and making videos, everything is in there, and the summ of all is my #1 ;)

regards,

RR

Edited by Roadrunner
typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Voted "Both of the above" with a tendency towards #1.

I just love do fiddle around with ... stuff. Sims like this allow me to fiddle around with things I otherwise would never be getting remotely near to - or even touching it. :o) And I love to learn "how stuff works" - and that also includes tactics and procedures. But I am not a good pilot and probably never will be - therefore the slight tendency towards the hardware as such. That is something I can get good with - at least in theory. :o)

I would have to say, the ever evolving flight model. This is why I fly DCS and nothing else.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

i build a mission for some friends and myself, and for each session i change the dynamic weather, setting the actual date we have on that day and the correct season, not just for the feeling, but also for not getting used to june 1st clear sky no wind, and in the beginning i noticed myself and my friends had to get ridd of exactly that bad habit, we needed to learn to "feel" the aircraft for each flight, cause the environment changes every time ;)

so except building a pit and making videos, everything is in there, and the summ of all is my #1 ;)

regards,

RR

uhhh-huh. Feeling of flight is where none can compete with ED and is why am still around here and I've been here since mid 90s. :D

It'd be fun if it was possible to do something similiar to blind taste test with ED modules. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P