JuanOscar

C-101 Flight Academy

-------------------------

attachment.php?attachmentid=115854&stc=1&d=1427970117

We have been working on content for the DCS:C-101 module. As a trainer

and light attack aircraft, we wanted to enhance the instruction

capabilities through a set of missions, guiding the student into the

C-101 enviroment.

We are aiming to create hardcore training for anyone who wants to use the C-101 as an instruction platform, or wants to learn or improve

their flight skills and procedures.

The missions are comprised of an instructor voice, to guide you

through the different lessons and to teach you how to fly the

blackbird properly. The first mission audio has been recorded in

Spanish. Our intention is to record it in English as well, and we are

currently looking for native english speakers who want to contribuite

to the production of the course by recording the voice-overs.

If you have a voice like Morgan Freeman, and you are ready to get

involved, please let us know on this thread or via PM.

C-101 FLIGHT COURSE

---------------------------

Lesson #1: Cold and Dark Ramp Start (Audio - Spanish | English ): This is a guided mission, demonstrating the ramp start. The intructor will be

guiding you throught the cockpit, showing you the panels and systems,

and how to start the aircraft in the proper way.

ES:

C-101-Training-Start-Up-V1.3_ES.part1.rar

C-101-Training-Start-Up-V1.3_ES.part2.rar

EN:

C-101-Training-Start-Up-V1.3.part1.rar

C-101-Training-Start-Up-V1.3.part2.rar

MIRROR:

http://www.alasrojas.com/Upload/C-101/C-101-Training-Start-Up-V1.3_ES.rar

http://www.alasrojas.com/Upload/C-101/C-101-Training-Start-Up-V1.3.rar

C-101 QUICK START MISSIONS

----------------------------------

To complete our content, we have been creating some quick start

missions to practice navigation, approach, and landing, in different

conditions, biasing the difficulty curve. Some of them are really

challenging, and they will test both your flying skills and handling

of the C-101.

In the compressed file, you can find the different missions, each .miz

file can be opened with compression software (like WinRAR), and contains the necessary info to fly the mission.

Quick missions are comming in both languages: English and Spanish.

ES:

Quick_Start_Missions_C-101EB_ES.rar

EN:

Quick_Start_Missions_C-101EB.rar

MIRROR:

http://www.alasrojas.com/Upload/C-101/Quick_Start_Missions_C-101EB.rar

http://www.alasrojas.com/Upload/C-101/Quick_Start_Missions_C-101EB_ES.rar

Please, post your feedback, that means a lot for us. :)

Academia de vuelo del C-101

--------------------------------

Hemos estado trabajando últimamente en el contenido del módulo DCS:C-101. Al tratarse de un avión de entrenamiento y ataque ligero, queríamos mejorar la capacidad de instrucción mediante un conjunto de misiones, guiando al alumno en el entorno del C-101.

Nuestro objetivo escrear un entrenamiento sofisticado para cualquiera que pretenda usar el C-101 como plataforma de instrucción, o que quiera aprender o mejorar sus conocimientos de vuelo y procedimientos.

Las misiones contienen la voz del instructor, que te guiará a través de las diferentes lecciones y te enseñará cómo volar el Mirlo adecuadamente. El audio de la primera misión ha sido grabado en español. Nuestra intención es grabarla también en inglés, y estamos actualmente buscando angloparlantes que quieran contribuir en la producción del curso grabando las voces.

CURSO DE VUELO DEL C-101

---------------------------------

Lección #1 ES: Puesta en marcha desde rampa (Audio - Español | Inglés): Esta es una lección guiada, en la que se explica la puesta en marcha. El instructor te guiará a través de la cabina, mostrándote los paneles y sistemas, y cómo poner en marcha el avión de forma adecuada.

ES:

C-101-Training-Start-Up-V1.3_ES.part1.rar

C-101-Training-Start-Up-V1.3_ES.part2.rar

EN:

C-101-Training-Start-Up-V1.3.part1.rar

C-101-Training-Start-Up-V1.3.part2.rar

MIRROR:

http://www.alasrojas.com/Upload/C-101/C-101-Training-Start-Up-V1.3_ES.rar

http://www.alasrojas.com/Upload/C-101/C-101-Training-Start-Up-V1.3.rar

MISIONES DE INICIO RÁPIDO DEL C-101

----------------------------------------------

Para completar nuestro contenido, hemos creado varias misiones de inicio rápido para practicar la navegación, aproximación, y aterrizaje, en diferentes condiciones, ajustando la curva de dificultad. Algunas son realmente un desafío, y probarán tus conocimientos y pericia con el C-101.

En el archivo comprimido, puedes encontrar las diferentes misiones, cada archivo .miz

se puede abrir con un programa de compresión (como WinRAR), y contiene la información necesaria para volar la misión.

Las misiones de inicio rápido se presentan en ambos idiomas: inglés y español.

ES:

Quick_Start_Missions_C-101EB_ES.rar

EN:

Quick_Start_Missions_C-101EB.rar

MIRROR:

http://www.alasrojas.com/Upload/C-101/Quick_Start_Missions_C-101EB.rar

http://www.alasrojas.com/Upload/C-101/Quick_Start_Missions_C-101EB_ES.rar

C101ACADEMY.jpg.dcba062e05c81a72c7048dd9165dff70.jpg

Edited by JuanOscar
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, perfect for a start.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

@JuanOscar

Here I quickly made a JSGME mod for the QuickStart of C-101 for INSTANT ACTION.

Download BOTH the mission files from 1st post and this JSGME mod below

Installation:

1. extract all miz files and 'C-101 QuickStart JSGME' folder, respectively
2. move all extracted miz files into folder '[b]C-101 QuickStart JSGME\Mods\aircraft\C-101\Missions\EN\QuickStart\[/b]'
3. install the C-101 QuickStart mod via JSGME

Then you can fly all missions in 'INSTANT ACTION'

C-101 QuickStart JSGME.zip

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Some tips for quick start missions:

Landing medium:

- You may use Flight Director. Once frequency and course are selected, press APP ARM (Approach Arm) button in the Flight Director mode selector.

- Do not forget to set the QNH (the QNH will be set by default in a later version when starting the mission, except when starting on ramp cold).

Landing hard:

- Set pitot heat on, engine anti-ice and ignition in continuous otherwise you'll lose air data instruments as well as engine.

- Do not use Flight Director, it will command totally wrong signals as there is strong crosswind.

- Requirement:

Change precipitation from THUNDERSTORMS to RAIN in Mission Editor, otherwise you'll lose air data instruments (though you may try it, it would be even a higher challenge, it can be done wink.gif ). This will be corrected in a later version, as right now supercooled water is implemented which leads to extreme ice accretion. That could happen IRL if we fly nearby a CB (cumulonimbus) for example, but unfortunately we can't discern in DCS if we are inside a CB or not, if there is high altitude ice crystal icing etc.

- Do not forget to set the QNH.

Some basics on how to fly an ILS in the C-101:

Fly the ILS in a normal way as you would do it for any conventional airplane.

You have available the following equipment:

1 ILS/VOR/MB. This means you can set an ILS with the corresponding marker beacons. Or a VOR (not both at the same time). Use VOR to navigate and position yourself on final, then change to ILS frequency and follow the ILS.

1 TACAN. You can use ILS and TACAN at the same time. Use the TACAN to navigate and position yourself on final and follow the ILS.

Follow the ILS using the deviation pointers available in the ADI (pointers for glide slope and expanded localizer) and the HSI (glide slope pointer and CDI).

To use the flight director press the Approach Arm button in the flight director mode selector, be sure you set the correct localizer course (120º for Batumi) and you fly at the correct approach speed, I recommend flying at 150 kts. Do not use it if there is crosswind.

ILS_C-101.thumb.jpg.93b209aeeaaa145300d3fc59cf0bfb5a.jpg

• Like 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

After doing the Lesson #1: Cold and Dark Ramp Start some quick comments:

1) This is probably due to the lack of English voice over, but I got stuck on a couple of sections, namely setting up the intercom panel.

The text instructions just say "set", and it took a good few minutes of random combinations to progress past it. I did do it again and it looks as if pulling up the hotmics and turning the main to UHF is what was expected of me.

There was another like that as well with the instruction of "set", but there were less knobs to click so I breezed past it.

2) Instructions for adjusting the pedals and seat height. Adjusting the pedals happens twice, which is one too many, and the height really should be a "this is the button, you can alter it if you wish or press space" rather than making me toggle it left and right before going forward, same for pedals.

3) Engine start up instructions. This might just be my preference, but I would have liked a quick bullet point list of the steps in the text before actually doing the start up, as if you're not familar with it you'd probably be scrabbling around the pit a bit.

On the whole, it was quite a good start up mission. It's a bit lengthy if you don't speak Spanish as you're just waiting for the VO to finish, but I suspect most of it is worth listening to.

After doing the Lesson #1: Cold and Dark Ramp Start some quick comments:

1) This is probably due to the lack of English voice over, but I got stuck on a couple of sections, namely setting up the intercom panel.

The text instructions just say "set", and it took a good few minutes of random combinations to progress past it. I did do it again and it looks as if pulling up the hotmics and turning the main to UHF is what was expected of me.

There was another like that as well with the instruction of "set", but there were less knobs to click so I breezed past it.

2) Instructions for adjusting the pedals and seat height. Adjusting the pedals happens twice, which is one too many, and the height really should be a "this is the button, you can alter it if you wish or press space" rather than making me toggle it left and right before going forward, same for pedals.

3) Engine start up instructions. This might just be my preference, but I would have liked a quick bullet point list of the steps in the text before actually doing the start up, as if you're not familar with it you'd probably be scrabbling around the pit a bit.

On the whole, it was quite a good start up mission. It's a bit lengthy if you don't speak Spanish as you're just waiting for the VO to finish, but I suspect most of it is worth listening to.

First of all, thank you Buzzles for your feedback.

Training missions are part of a complete training program which will consist on Flight Manual, missions and probably other accompanying text documents. This program will follow real world flight military training system as well as Instructional System Design (ISD) recommendations. We decided to release this training mission so that people can have some C-101 training aid before the full package is complete, better this than nothing, taking into account that this is an open beta.

The missions are based basically in the audio, with just a few written text, which is one of the recommendations in ISD. One of the requirements to conduct this training is to first read the flight manual, no one starts flying an airplane as a student pilot before having studied previously the airplane systems and procedures.

The procedures in the missions follow precisely the real airplane checklists, this includes checking pedals adjustment twice, like it is in IRL.

We take note on the seat height issue; though no one of the testers had commented it so far, seems to be reasonable; in any case, right know it makes no difference at all, as that button is not operative yet.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png