April, monthly news?

YoYo

We have April now :), any official, monthly news about this "other" two planes from LS?

stalking-gif.gif

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big backlog right now. F-14 Site + delayed March update up first.

I'm being stalked! Eeeek! :helpsmilie:

If there's a lot to do, why not just finish up the website and combine the planned March and April updates into one and aim for Mid-April posting (like after Tax day - when all of us Americans need a morale boost...)

Just a thought...

I'm about to get pummeled with fruit, aren't I...

-Nick

Pelted might be more accurate than pummeled, and remember, a tomato is a fruit, too. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If there's a lot to do, why not just finish up the website and combine the planned March and April updates into one and aim for Mid-April posting (like after Tax day - when all of us Americans need a morale boost...)

Just a thought...

-Nick

Yeah I gotta admit that's probably the better solution, as much as I hate myself for admitting it. You could toss any extra screens for Tomcat you were planning for the march update onto the F-14 page and then save the other details for a combined April post (that will hopefully announce the other two planes). Hard to say that because I'm pretty much starving for any news you put out, especially on what the other two are. F-14 is pretty much the main one I really care about, but the question of what the other two pan out to be is driving me nuts like the air slit in a plastic Halloween mask.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

The question of what the other two pan out to be is driving me nuts like the air slit in a plastic Halloween mask.

Powerful analogy!

I also find myself checking the board far too often, I also REALLY want to know what else is on the way. I've spending nearly all of my DCS time (I've only been playing DCS for 2 weeks now) with the MiG-21Bis. It's an amazing module, feels incredibly real (per my imagination) and keeps pulling me back in. I still haven't figured out much of the advanced systems, but just practicing landing and dogfighting with the cannon is keeping me plenty occupied.

The MiG-21Bis is so good that I'm incredibly excited at the prospect of more LNS modules, can't imagine having 3 more aircraft like this. Hence the fascination with news and pictures.

BTW, the Belsimtek MiG-15Bis is also really good, just bought that on Monday. Dogfighting the F-86 is good fun and challenging. It's also a really immersive module, but somehow it's not quite as bewitching at the MiG-21...not sure why. Still, I highly recommend it, 2nd best flight experience that I've had...and the rudder does work :).

I hope we find out more about the next modules soon, plus what's the plan with the Theaters? I'm nearly as excited about that as I am the aircraft. So much big news coming! It would just be nice to know when, but I understand that these guys are really busy. I'm glad they are devoting their time to the project as opposed to posting updates and saying "we'll get cracking on this soon"!

-Nick

After they had confirmed f14, I don't think it is necessary to post every monthly newsletter without significant progress, every 3 months is much healthy and fresh for us. To give them enough time finish this project is much important than the newsletters. But I'd love to see how will them decorate their homepage with new project. :music_whistling:

I mostly want to know what the other two planes are. A few screenshots of them would be nice as would some details, but a simple one sentence announcement of what they are would be enough for now.

I agree.

We know that the F-14 is a ways off and they've done a great job showing in progress renderings, etc.

The other two aircraft have me on the edge of my seat, so to speak.

-Nick

I mostly want to know what the other two planes are. A few screenshots of them would be nice as would some details, but a simple one sentence announcement of what they are would be enough for now.

Ha!! That is NOT Cobra's or LNS style.They've got to tease us till we're just about to go crazy...Then only give us a little sliver of info of what it "Could" be. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ha!! That is NOT Cobra's or LNS style.They've got to tease us till we're just about to go crazy...Then only give us a little sliver of info of what it "Could" be. :)

I prefer it that way, personally. The community gives these devs a hard time, with demands and never-ending questions. The devs deserve a little fun and revenge, and I think it's fun to speculate when they drop these hints and watch the board scramble to figure out what it might be.

Once the cat's out of the bag, everyone'll be clamoring for the next update, demanding a release date, arguing over performance charts, and some will be disappointed by the choice they made instead of "x" plane, or more likely, just be so psyched for the new planes that it will make the wait for their release all the more unbearable.

One day I hope one of these developers will come out with a new plane, completely unannounced. "Surprise, you didn't see this coming." That would be fun to see.

• 4 weeks later...
I've spending nearly all of my DCS time (I've only been playing DCS for 2 weeks now) with the MiG-21Bis. It's an amazing module

Right with you on this! I've had DCS installed on my computer for a while now, but I've found it's been burning more and more of my spare time since I've gotten the Mig-21!

And honestly, who could've imagined? I've never had any particulair interest in the Mig-21. Never realy given it much though to be honest. I'm glad to say that Leatherneck has shown me my misstake.

So, perhaps a bit of topic, but briliant job with this module. Looking forward to the F-14! I've got fond memories of that aircraft flying it in Microprose's Fleet Defender. :thumbup: