April, monthly news?

YoYo

Yup sorry for the short thread hi-Jack. I'm of course also eagerly awaiting the next Leatherneck Simulation news. ^^' Though personally I prefer that "We'll share things when there's things to share instead of on a schedule base" attitude.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Future Newsletters

When there is sufficient new news to justify a newsletter, they will be provided. However, there is no set schedule.

Just like ED team said in the newsletter. Is that newsletter very necessary for us?

Yes, we all love DCS simulator and hope we can have more patient to wait they finish the real product then released playable one, not only show the render pic or type the processing report on the forum, give them more time. so let's wait patient and discuss some other interesting things in order to let everyone feel relax.

I get home and I see ED newsletter.

Best day of april. Thanks ED!! :)

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Yup sorry for the short thread hi-Jack. I'm of course also eagerly awaiting the next Leatherneck Simulation news. ^^' Though personally I prefer that "We'll share things when there's things to share instead of on a schedule base" attitude.

I hear you, though I think the LNS newsletters are fun (they are well written) and it's nice to have them semi-scheduled. I hope they continue with the monthly formats (and banners, pics, etc) if it doesn't add too much to their plate.

-Nick

Dragging our feet a little -- we're wrapping up some new sculpted artwork and finishing touches on the F-14 product page.

Thank you for your patience during the long publicly quiet period we've had over recent weeks.

We're not announcing any new products just yet, but will be telling you a little more about them and the technology involved. (Sorry to take the wind out of your sails there!)

We will be moving away from the monthly newsletter based updates and into smaller, more frequent updates as we move forward.

In the meanwhile;

closedrender.jpg

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Dragging our feet a little -- we're wrapping up some new sculpted artwork and finishing touches on the F-14 product page.

Thank you for your patience during the long publicly quiet period we've had over recent weeks.

We're not announcing any new products just yet, but will be telling you a little more about them and the technology involved. (Sorry to take the wind out of your sails there!)

We will be moving away from the monthly newsletter based updates and into smaller, more frequent updates as we move forward.

In the meanwhile;

closedrender.jpg

Looks AMAZING!

Well, thank you for the mini-update. Now I can spend my evening flying the MiG-21 instead of checking the forum every few minutes.

Do you have a sense of when the LNS website update will go live? Sometime in May or are you thinking June/July?

-Nick

P.S. - any F-14A renders yet? :)

Can't wait for the update. That picture looks awesome! Cobra thank you again for taking the time and effort to update us. It is very much appreciated! Leatherneck is setting a standard that no one else is able to match in this community.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Can't wait for the update. That picture looks awesome! Cobra thank you again for taking the time and effort to update us. It is very much appreciated! Leatherneck is setting a standard that no one else is able to match in this community.

+1

-Nick

I am not very happy!

First this

The April newsletter will be posted before the end of the month.

and now this

In the meanwhile;

closedrender.jpg

and a very nice Kitty picture

11164726_1622979331258072_6529161088902849906_o.jpg

and of couse this

Just another day or two.

F-14A renders are a part of the update.

Stop it!

Don`t tease us when you are not ready - not again! Don`t make any date for a public release for anything (newsletter, pictures, Alpha, Beta etc.) just post them! I am sick of get teased for a particular date/year and nothing is coming!!!

PS: yeah i have read the 2nd. quote - then do it so!

• Like 1

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

In the meanwhile;

closedrender.jpg

Wow.

Agreed! +1

Dragging our feet a little...

We will be moving away from the monthly newsletter based updates

You have made it a bad habit of promising monthly updates, giving specific dates & deadlines that you can't stand by!

It's very disappointing....not that you don't reveal the next product or show us something spectacular, but the fact that you just can't deliver something so simple as a promise & it's very disrespectful to those who actually look forward to them!

At least now you've realized that this is not holding anymore & made a more sensible decision.....

I personally feel the excitement has cooled of entirely for me at this stage:(

I am not very happy !Stop it!

Don`t tease us when you are not ready - not again! Don`t make any date for a public release for anything (newsletter, pictures, Alpha, Beta etc.) just post them! I am sick of get teased for a particular date/year and nothing is coming!!!

+1000 , so sad but so true.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

To be fair, Cobra did get Bronchitis which signifigantly delayed things this time. Which no doubt lead to the team getting a bit further, and wanting to show things off a bit more so they extended slightly. Normally I'd be right there with you about being unable to meet deadlines, but in all honesty, between us crashing their website the last time, and a bacterial assault on the main PR guy this time, I think we can cut them a bit of slack for the past couple of slips ;)

Sounds like a smart move. From my experience in software development the law of murphy seems to kick in soon after you speak the words "We'll have more information for you on <enter date here>"

I have no idea why it works like that, but it sure feels that way...

In the meanwhile;

closedrender.jpg

O8WU9X9.jpg

I wish to firmly grasp the tomcat's stick.

Just another day or two.

F-14A renders are a part of the update.

Hey Cobra any idea when this will drop? No pressure and I'm happy to be getting any updates:)

Just wanted to know about when so I don't have to check DCS forums every couple of hours lol:D

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Hey Cobra any idea when this will drop? No pressure and I'm happy to be getting any updates:)

Just wanted to know about when so I don't have to check DCS forums every couple of hours lol:D

exactly :)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)