Purchasing without Paypal

I decided to take advantage of the easter offer and went to the store, added one Hawk with reduced price into the basket and proceeded to checkout only to find out that apparently I either need to have or to create a paypal account. I was under the impression this wasn't necessary and if that's true, what might I be doing wrong? The only options I get are "Pay with my Paypal account" and "Create a Paypal account" (which seems to include the option to pay with a credit card once the account is created.

The problem is that years and years and years ago I created a Paypal account, was less than impressed with it (apparently the thing has improved quite a bit since the early days) and decided to have the account removed - which didn't work properly pretty much like everything else related to the service back then. As a result, my account is still kind of in a limbo of sorts, making it quite bothersome (especially since I'm not really motivated) to buy anything that requires a Paypal account. Simple credit card transactions that are done through Paypal without the requirement for an account have worked ok in the past. I think.

Any advice?

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

Hmmm you should be able to just enter your credit card details without creating an account. But I think with the new EU VAT rules, you have to create an account to verify the country you are living in, from reading the PayPal tech pages.

We only accept PayPal transactions for security and data protection reasons and don't use any other payment services.

The only thing I can suggest is to wait for the next sale on the ED store and then purchase the EFM upgrade at a later date when we release it. But again the upgrade can only be bought from our store which uses PayPal.

If you have a way of doing a direct bank transfer I can supply our business account details so you can make the direct transfer from your bank, but they may charge you for this service.

Please email support@veaosimulations.co.uk if you wish to go down this route.

Thanks,

Chris.

• ED Team

Can you not create a new PayPal account? If I remember correctly you can add things like VISA gift cards to your PayPal account and use fund from that. Its been a while since I created my account so requirements might have changed, sorry if this is the case.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I may have succeeded in setting the Paypal account thing straight, at least the system told me money was sent and I got some kind of email from VEAO for my troubles so at least the money wasn't completely wasted if everything goes wrong anyway.

I don't know if I messed something up or not trying to buy the plane, in the first stage where I was supposed to choose the payment method there was only the one choice (Paypal), in the next stage it asked me to pay with an existing Paypal account or create a new account. I managed to find my account details and got the thing working, so the first option seems to have worked.

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

I have the same problem. Only if you have a PayPal account, you are able to purchase in the store. Now as I get a frequent mix of PayPal scam, and official requests from PayPal to get a PayPal account, as I sometimes used the CreditCard transaction handled through PayPal, I do not want to get a PayPal account!

In addition PayPal is a non-bank US based Company. So they are not liable in the same way a bank is, normal regulations for banks do not apply in the same way, etc.

If there is no way of buying the Update to the EFM through ED store or using a non PayPal account, I would gladly take the chance with a Bank Transfer, even if some few cents fee is involved.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)