Editor: Terrain Status

StrongHarm

PROBLEM: I created a mission where all forces need to be eliminated from an area. One of the BMPs fell far through the terrain (can tell by the F7 angle) so the mission couldn't be completed.

SOLUTION: Create a predicate within the editor that allows a trigger based on the fact that a unit is below the terrain.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I wouldn't expect much in the way of bug fixing to non-EDGE based terrain. The terrain folks have three, already announced, maps to produce.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I agree Flagrum, but the 'terrain status predicate' provides a work around to mission creators in the case that all the terrain problems aren't caught. The better work around would be for core DCS to detect units below terrain and move them back where they were last in an 'above terrain status'.. but that might be a bigger fix that creates too much overhead, I'm not sure.

What about ...

SOLUTION: fix bug that causes vehicles fall below the terrain

? :o)

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

A. Where did it warp underground?

B. Is it reproducible?

If it is an AI bug or a terrain bug its still a bug and should be reported as such.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Hey Grimes. It was 30m south of the east edge of the railroad bridge in MM53. No, I didn't try to reproduce it. This is in a mission I've been building and I've only seen it happen once (out of maybe 50 flights), so I assume that it would be very difficult to reproduce. One other item of note: I hit this group of BMPs with a 105 just before one of the BMPs went under the terrain. The others were destroyed.

The reason I propose a solution is because if a client is flying the mission and map objects are turned off, and their objective is to clear the trigger zone, they may assume that there's still a vehicle to be found but will look forever and not find it. Rare situation, but the mother of all frustrations.

• 4 weeks later...
I wouldn't expect much in the way of bug fixing to non-EDGE based terrain.

That's just sad. DCS 1.2.x is current stable product version, they should support it and fix cardinal bugs like this one, instead of using product that wasn't even delivered yet as excuse. Sorry for OT.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

• ED Team
That's just sad. DCS 1.2.x is current stable product version, they should support it and fix cardinal bugs like this one, instead of using product that wasn't even delivered yet as excuse. Sorry for OT.

Well how are they supposed to fix it without a track or exact location to reproduce it, the original mission isn't even posted it. If you have noticed, its a big map, finding one spot where a vehicle falls through might be tough with little to go on.

I would also point out it was no one from ED that said it wouldn't/couldn't be fixed. But unless we can reproduce it to report, it could very well be a one off glitch.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png