DCS crashes...some findings

StrayWolf

OK, this pertains to my reported issue of the game (mission actually) crapping out whenever I go from cockpit...external view...and back to cockpit...

I did the following -

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin>DCS_updater.exe uninstall P-51D

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin>dcs_updater update release:1.2.11.33921

And wouldn't you know it...the crashes stopped BUT...the controller issue that others are reporting (which I was experiencing as well) where the Throttle does not work...continues. Yay! :megalol:

Da frack is up with this game. The updates are pooching it left and right and given the pain in the butt that setting up the controllers can be...seriously, do you want to keep a player base or not?

Matt...ED...anybody...come on guys. Please, address these issues and then continue forward bettering the game. mmm'kay? :huh:

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

UPDATE -

Well, the dcs_updater tool didn't live up to its expectations and I proceeded to do the full monty of uninstalling and reinstalling DCS World followed by FC3 and CA. Now there are no more application/mission crashes and the controllers are working fine.

So, my advice to anybody that is experiencing troubles with the flight sim - do a complete reinstall and it 'should' clear up any issues you might have.

Side note...is it me or is the AI atrocious...?

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

Did you try a DCS Repair before re-installing?

It is supposed to check the validity of the files in your installation and will repair ones that may be corrupted.

Some users have had success resolving issues by doing this.

The version you selected for the updater was an older version too. I recommend the current version of 1.2.16.37730

Re-installing the application will certainly fix it but I wouldn't do that unless the DCS Repair option didn't fix it.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates