Trim Reset Option Removed for F-15C?

Hey Guys - Fired up my rig after being MIA for a few weeks, question...was the Trim Reset option removed from the latest build? had it mapped to my WH stick & no joy...it's not listed in the controls any more...:joystick:

Is there any option now to reset trim?

thx,

Nato

"it don't matter, no more..."

==========================================

There's no trim reset button in the F-15, that is why is was removed.

The TO trim function is there, but it is meant to be used before take-off, and right now it is broken.

Hey Guys - Fired up my rig after being MIA for a few weeks, question...was the Trim Reset option removed from the latest build? had it mapped to my WH stick & no joy...it's not listed in the controls any more...:joystick:

Is there any option now to reset trim?

thx,

Nato

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ahhh...10/4 guys.

Sooo...question...when trim is engaged now...be it left/right...etc...when the button is released. Does it disengage the trim in that vector?

No, it adjusts the trim, then that sticks.

Just add this line and you will have your reset back:

{down = iCommandPlaneTrimCancel, name = _('Trim Reset'), category = _('Flight Control')},

to "default.lua" at ...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Input\f-15c\(keyboard and/or joystick subfolder)

Now you can map it in game.

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• 2 weeks later...

{down = iCommandPlaneTrimCancel, name = _('Trim Reset'), category = _('Flight Control')},

to "default.lua" at ...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Input\f-15c\(keyboard and/or joystick subfolder)

Except as the man said...

There's no trim reset button in the F-15, that is why is was removed.

The TO trim function is there, but it is meant to be used before take-off, and right now it is broken.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a kinda of related question, last week after re-flying a mission as soon as I start the flight I have retrim the left wing down each time, the aircraft has a pronounced right roll. It does this now on any mission I start.

How do I reset the trim to neutral?

• 3 months later...

AFIK, yes it's still broken.

The T/O trim should only be pressed before takeoff. Yaw and roll actuators are driven to neutral position. The pitch trim actuator positions the control stick to 1 deg aft. The current FM just incrementally adds aft stick each time it is pressed.

Edited by SinusoidDelta

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to use this method, but I am doing something wrong as when I go back to controls for the F15, the column for the keyboard is blank.

Originally Posted by Svend_Dellepude viewpost.gif

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .